SUPER YUMMY homemade cucumber salad recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY the old-fashioned cucumber tomato onion salad! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 400 g/14 oz of green cucumber
2) 300 g/10 oz of fresh tomatoes
3) 100 g/3.5 oz of red onions
4) 1tbsp of basil leaves or 1/2 tsp of dried basil
5) 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
6) 2 tbsp of olive oil
7) some salt to taste
1) remove cucumber ends, then slice it thinly with the knife and place cucumber slices into a bowl
2) cut tomatoes into thin slices and place them into the bowl
3) peel red onions off, then wedge them thinly by the knife and place it over the other vegetables
4) chop basil leaves and place them into the bowl
5) add apple cider vinegar into the bowl
6) add olive oil into the bowl
7) sprinkle some salt to taste over vegetables
8) mix ingredients thoroughly to combine flavors well, then serve the cucumber salad immediately
During the summer, I prepare a lot of fresh vegetable salad recipes. Sometimes I eat these salads along with grilled meat, other times, when it’s very hot, I eat plain salad.
There are lots of available salad recipes that you can prepare quickly and easily using just the most common vegetables. One of the classic vegetable salads that I simply love is the old-fashioned cucumber, onion, and tomato salad.
Making cucumber salad is really easy and won’t pose any difficulty to anyone. Probably you already prepared and ate such as fresh vegetable salad. However, I recommend watching the video and making this cucumber salad by using my recipe.
There are just three differences that my cucumber salad includes, but they make this salad special and full of flavor.
First, I use red onion instead of other onion types. This is because red onion is more flavored and less acid, so the salad will offer a more refined and less spicy taste.
Second, I use apple cider vinegar to sour the salad. This is because this type of vinegar is also less acidic than other vinegar types. If you want, you can replace vinegar with the juice squeezed from a fresh lemon.
Third, I use basil leaves to add a lot of aroma to the cucumber vinegar salad. Fresh basil leaves are amazingly flavored and their flavor excellently with the other aromas comprised in the salad. The final result will be simply astonishing.
Nevertheless, if you don’t have basil at hand, nor fresh or dried, you can use instead of it another fresh aromatic plant such as parsley, coriander, or dill. The cucumber and tomato salad will offer similarly good taste.
As I already mentioned, in the summer scorching days I eat often fresh vegetable salad and the cucumber tomato onion salad is one of my favorites!
Additionally, it fits very well any grill type, so you can prepare this salad along with grilled chicken, grilled pork, and so on. Of course, the salad is a good match for other roasted meat types, so you should prepare and eat cucumber vinegar salad as many times as you can. Enjoy my old-fashioned cucumber tomato onion salad recipe!
Read more about various salad types here.