Easy mashed potatoes recipe to prepare Swedish dill potatoes with simple and tasty ingredients like baby potatoes, fresh dill, and sour cream.
Learn in this video how to make creamy dill potatoes from scratch by using a yummy authentic Swedish mashed potatoes recipe with sour cream!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY Swedish foods! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) peel potatoes off and cube them into medium-sized pieces
2) place potatoes into a pot, then season them with some salt to taste and pour some vegetable oil
3) fill the pot up with water just up to potatoes level (DO NOT add excessive water!)
4) place the pot to the stovetop
5) boil potatoes over medium-high temperature until soft
6) meanwhile, chop dill finely by the knife
7) place dill into the pot when water lowered well
8) boil ingredients a few minutes more (3-5 minutes) to soften dill a bit and evaporate water
9) reduce temperature to medium-low, add sour cream to the pot, mix ingredients, and wait until sour cream starts bubbling (2-3 minutes)
10) boil ingredients while stirring continuously until potatoes absorbed sour cream and have a creamy consistency similar to mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes are one of the most popular food recipes in many parts of the world including Europe and North America. As a result, there are available different mashed potatoes recipes featuring ingredients such as sour cream, butter, and, sometimes, vegetables like garlic, onion, and greenery.
Dill potatoes recipe presented on this page has Swedish origins. Dill is very popular in this country and, therefore, it’s used in many food recipes.
Basically, the recipe very simple and enables you to cook boiled potatoes that you can serve as a side dish next to your main dish. Generally, speaking this boiled potatoes recipe matches very well any roast, no matter it’s pork, beef, or poultry.
As you can see in the video, cooking this potato recipe is really easy even for the less experienced people in the kitchen. There aren’t too many cooking tips to share regarding secrets to get the best results.
There is worth to say that some people use potatoes with the skin on to cook this dish, especially if they use baby potatoes or potato types with very thin skin. Finally, it’s completely up to you if you cook potatoes with skin on or off!
Another important thing to mention is to not use excessive water when boiling potatoes. Add water to the pot just up to potatoes’ level. In this way, potatoes will boil and most of water will evaporate during this process. Finally, we need just very few water into the pot to combine with sour cream and get a very creamy consistency of the food.
My finally advice is to use a generous dill bundle because this very flavored greenery is the main ingredients of this mashed potatoes recipe. Sure, you can adapt the amount according to your taste but, as a generally rule, dill taste has to be strong in this food.
Enjoy the Swedish dill mashed potatoes recipe with sour cream!
Yes, you can replace the dill with another greenery such as parsley or coriander.
Read more about potato dishes here!