SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY double crust plum pie! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 100 ml/3.5 fl oz of cold milk
2) 10 g/0.35 oz of baking powder (1 sachet)
3) 10g/0.35 oz of dry yeast (1 sachet)
4) 3 cups of cake flour
5) 1 cup of granulated sugar for the dough
6) 1 cup of butter
7) grated zest from a lemon
8) 1 + 1 eggs
9) 1 tsp of vanilla essence
10) 4 + 2 tbsp of semolina
11) 1 kg/35 oz of fresh plums
12) 6 tbsp of granulated sugar
13) 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
1) pour milk into a glass, then add baking powder and dry yeast, mix ingredients, and wait to activate the yeast
2) place the flour into a bowl, add over sugar, butter, and lemon zest, then mix ingredients well by rubbing until there are no more butter traces
3) add an egg and vanilla essence, then pour milk with yeast and knead ingredients until you get a smooth sweet dough
4) cut from dough a piece of about 1/3 from the whole
5) spread the larger dough piece into a sheet of the baking mold that you are going to use
6) place the dough sheet into the mold just like in the video
7) sprinkle 4 tbsp of semolina into the mold all over
8) cut plums into halves, remove seeds, then place the halves into the mold with the cut side downwards
9) sprinkle granulated sugar over the plum halves, then add the rest of the semolina evenly
10) stretch the smaller dough piece into a sheet and place it over the baking mold
11) cut the dough excess if necessary, merge the two dough sheets and bend the edge inwards along the mold
12) break the last egg, beat it up with the fork, and brush well the top of the pie to become golden during baking
13) make some holes into the top by the fork to allow steam getting out during baking, then place the mold in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F
14) bake the double crust plum pie until golden on top (30-40 minutes)
15) take the plum cake out from the oven and wait until cools to room temperature
16) take the cake out of the mold and slice it up as desired
Any plum cake belongs definitely to my preferred homemade cake recipes. Plum is one of the fruits that I love at most, so I would eat any cake featuring it! As a result, I bake many plum cake types.
One of the plum cakes that I make pretty often is the double-crust pie. I like it, especially because the proportion between dough and fruit fits perfectly my taste. Plus, the fresh plum turns to a kind of sweet plum jam, so the combination is simply heavenly!
There are lots of plum pie recipes and you probably already baked some of them. I recommend you to try this recipe as well because the cake won’t disappoint you at all. Furthermore, the cake remains frail for at least 2-3 days, so the next day the cake is maybe even better than the day when you made it. Of course, if you don’t eat it completely, a thing that happens to me pretty often…
Making my double-crust pie is very easy, despite the homemade dough. This is simple and doesn’t require advanced skills to get the best results.
There are not many tips to share with you regarding this recipe. I underline just two things: wait enough time to activate the dry yeast before proceeding, and, second, don’t forget to make a way to get the steam out during baking. Otherwise, the top of the cake will probably break and will offer you an unpleasant sight…
Finally, if you don’t like cinnamon simply skip it or replace it with cardamom to enjoy an even more exotic flavor.
Enjoy double crust plum pie!
Read more about plum cake types here.