📖 Table of Contents
My Dried Cannellini Beans Recipe
Simple cannellini bean stew is one of the most delicious white bean recipes you have ever cooked!
➡️ Dried cannellini beans are my favorite white beans, no matter what recipe I cook with dried beans. That doesn’t mean I don’t cook other types of dried beans, such as red kidney beans, but cannellini is my favorite!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Dried Cannellini Beans from Scratch at Home
Plant-Based Recipes Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious plant-based recipes, look no further than the “Quick and Delicious Plant-Based Recipes” cookbook.
Simple Cannellini Bean Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the diced carrots and celery to the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add the thyme, oregano, bay leaf, and vegetable broth to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the cannellini beans.
- Cook the stew for 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pot and season the stew with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
- To save time, use canned cannellini beans instead of cooking them from scratch.
- Be sure to rinse the canned beans thoroughly before adding them to the stew.
- For a thicker stew, mash some of the beans against the side of the pot with a spoon or use an immersion blender to blend the mixture.
- Add additional vegetables, such as diced tomatoes or chopped spinach, to the stew for added nutrition and flavor.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Cooking Dried Cannellini Beans at Home is a Breeze!
➡️ Cooking cannellini beans is an easy and versatile way to add more protein to your diet. Sometimes, I like to cook mine with a little bit of bacon or smoked sausage. They take just a few minutes to cook and taste great. Cooked in vegan style, they also make a great side dish next to fried, grilled, or roasted meat.
➡️ Dried cannellini beans are a versatile legume that can be used in a variety of dishes, from soups and stews to salads and dips. Cooking cannellini beans is a simple process that involves soaking the beans overnight in water, then draining and rinsing them.
➡️ Dried cannellini beans are a type of white, kidney-shaped bean that is native to Italy. They are commonly used in Italian cuisine and are a popular ingredient in dishes like minestrone soup, pasta e fagioli, and Tuscan-style white bean stew.
➡️ Cannellini beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, and essential minerals like iron and magnesium. They are also low in fat and calories, making them a nutritious addition to any diet.
➡️ I recommend you to try more delicious white bean recipes available on this website such as Hungarian bean goulash with bacon and apples, Hungarian white bean soup, bean and bacon soup, and white bean salad appetizer.
FAQ’s for Cooking Cannellini Bean Stew
What is cannellini bean stew?
Cannellini bean stew is a hearty and flavorful stew made with cannellini beans, vegetables, and spices.
How do you make cannellini bean stew?
To make cannellini bean stew the simplest way, you will need to sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until they are soft and fragrant. Then, add your vegetables (such as carrots, celery, and tomatoes) and cook them until they are tender. Next, add your cannellini beans and vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the stew simmer for 20-30 minutes until it is thick and flavorful.
What are the ingredients for cannellini bean stew?
The ingredients for a simple cannellini bean stew recipe include cannellini beans, onions, garlic, olive oil, carrots, celery, tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt, pepper, and spices.
Related Dried White Beans Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by