Learn in this baking video how to make apple tart using a yummy and easy apple pie recipe with puff pastry in the French style such as the Tatin tart!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY baking apple tart at home! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 100 g/3.5 oz of granulated sugar
2) 50 ml/1.7 fl oz of water
3) 300 g/10 oz of apple
4) 400 g/14 oz of puff pastry dough
5) some cinnamon powder (optional)
1) remove the stub and seeds, then slice the apples into tiny rounds
2) place the sugar into a saucepan, pour over water, then place the pan over medium heat and wait to caramelize the sugar
3) when the caramel is golden (not dark brown!) pour it into the baking mold that you use to make the apple cake and spread it into a layer
4) place the apple slices over the hot caramel in a spiraled shape or another shape after your wish; sprinkle over some cinnamon powder if you wish
5) place a dough sheet over the apple slices and press its edges to the bottom of the tray to seal the filling
6) make some small cuts into the dough sheet to get out the steam during baking and cut the excess dough on the edge if necessary
7) place the mold into the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the French apple tart until becomes golden on top
8) overturn the apple pie on a platter as soon as you take out the mold from the oven (work very carefully to avoid burning your skin with the hot caramel!) and wait to cool to room temperature
9) cut the upside-down apple cake into slices of the desired size and serve it
Apples are probably the fresh fruits that are used most often to make homemade cakes.
You probably know a few apple cake recipes that you bake at home pretty often. Whether you know it or not, one of the oldest and most popular homemade apple cake recipes is apple tart.
Today are many apple tart recipes and many of them have as their origin a classic French recipe named Tatin tart. It looks that sisters Tatin discovered accidentally the tart that bears their name because one of them dropped the classic apple pie they were just making. To still save it, they continued and finally created a new cake that was very delicious, so they prepared it again and again. In this way, the Tatin tart became extremely popular after that all over the world.
This apple tart is prepared by using the French apple cake recipe of the Tatin sisters. Even it seems a bit tricky, in reality, it’s pretty easy to make, requires few ingredients, and just basic baking skills.
To obtain great results with the French apple pie, you need just to work carefully when preparing the caramel to not burn it and when you overturn the tart, otherwise, it’s really easy to make it.
The French tart can be served plain or along with whipped cream, vanilla or caramel ice cream, or another type of topping on your taste. Enjoy it!
The classic apple tart comes from France and is also called the Tatin tart from the name of the sisters who invented it.
A tart is a baked dish consisting of a filling over a pastry base with an open-top not covered with pastry. The pastry is usually shortcrust pastry; the filling may be sweet or savory, though modern tarts are usually fruit-based, sometimes with custard. Tartlet refers to a miniature tart; an example would be egg tarts. The categories of “tart”, “flan”, “quiche”, and “pie” overlap, with no sharp distinctions.
There are many types of tarts, with popular varieties including Treacle tart, meringue tart, tart Tatin and Bakewell tart. A jam tart uses jam in place of fresh fruit.Tart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tart)
Apples are one of the most popular fruits — and for good reason. They’re an exceptionally healthy fruit with many research-backed benefits.
1. Apples Are Nutritious
A medium apple — with a diameter of about 3 inches (7.6 centimeters) — equals 1.5 cups of fruit. Two cups of fruit daily are recommended on a 2,000-calorie diet.
What’s more, the same serving provides 2–4% of the RDI for manganese, copper, and vitamins A, E, B1, B2, and B6.
Apples are also a rich source of polyphenols. While nutrition labels don’t list these plant compounds, they’re likely responsible for many of the health benefits.
2. Apples May Be Good for Weight Loss
Apples are high in fiber and water — two qualities that make them filling.
In one study, people who ate apple slices before a meal felt fuller than those who consumed applesauce, apple juice, or no apple products.
In the same study, those who started their meal with apple slices also ate an average of 200 fewer calories than those who didn’t.
In another 10-week study in 50 overweight women, participants who ate apples lost an average of 2 pounds (1 kg) and ate fewer calories overall, compared to those who ate oat cookies with a similar calorie and fiber content.
Researchers think that apples are more filling because they’re less energy-dense, yet still deliver fiber and volume.
Furthermore, some natural compounds in them may promote weight loss.
A study in obese mice found that those given a supplement of ground apples and apple juice concentrate lost more weight and had lower levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and total cholesterol than the control group.10 Impressive Health Benefits of Apples (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-health-benefits-of-apples)
Read more about different apple cake types here.