French apple pie recipes – how to make an upside-down apple cake in the French style or Tatin tart. Easy apple tart recipe to bake a homemade cake with simple and tasty ingredients like apples and puff pastry dough.
Learn in this video how to make apple tart by using a yummy and easy apple pie recipe with puff pastry in the French style such as the Tatin tart!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) remove the stub and seeds, then slice the apples into tiny rounds
2) place the sugar into a saucepan, pour over water, then place the pan over medium heat and wait to caramelize the sugar
3) when the caramel is golden (not dark brown!) pour it into the baking mold that you use to make the apple cake and spread it into a layer
4) place the apple slices over the hot caramel in a spiraled shape or another shape after your wish; sprinkle over some cinnamon powder if you wish
5) place a dough sheet over the apple slices and press its edges to the bottom of the tray to seal the filling
6) make some small cuts into the dough sheet to get out the steam during baking and cut the excess dough on the edge if necessary
7) place the mold into the preheated oven at 180 C / 360 F and bake the French apple tart until becomes golden on top
8) overturn the apple pie on a platter as soon as you take out the mold from the oven (work very carefully to avoid burning your skin with the hot caramel!) and wait to cool to room temperature
9) cut the upside-down apple cake into slices of the desired size and serve it
Apples are probably the fresh fruits that are used most often to make homemade cakes.
This apple tart is prepared by using a French apple cake recipe. Even it seems a bit tricky, in reality, it’s pretty easy to make, requires few ingredients and just basic baking skills.
To obtain great results with the French apple pie, you need just to work carefully when preparing the caramel to not burn it and when you overturn the tart, otherwise, it’s really easy to make it.
The French tart can be served plain or along with whipped cream, vanilla or caramel ice cream, or another type of topping on your taste. Enjoy it!
The classic apple tart comes from France and is also called the Tatin tart from the name of the sisters who invented it.
Read more about different apple cake types here.