Learn in this video how to make quick apple turnovers from scratch by using a tasty and easy walnut and apple strudel recipe with puff pastry!
SUPER YUMMY homemade apple cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY homemade cakes! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) peel apples off
2) grate apples into a bowl
3) add sugar and crushed walnut core over the apples
4) add semolina and vanilla essence, then mix ingredients thoroughly
5) spread the puff pastry dough to the floured table, then cut it into 4 equal parts
6) place about a quarter of the apple mixture in the middle of each dough piece into a strip
7) turn the longer edge of each pastry piece over the filling, then press the edges with a fork to merge them
8) break the egg, beat it up with a fork, then brush the apple turnovers all over
9) make 3 cuts on each apple strudel to allow steam to get out during baking
10) put apple strudels on a baking paper-lined tray
11) place the tray in the preheated oven at 200 C/390 F and bake the cake until golden
12) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool the cake to room temperature
13) sprinkle some powdered sugar over the apple cake before serving (optional)
Apple cake is one of the most popular homemade cakes, so in most parts of the world, people bake at home various cakes with both fresh apples and apple marmalade.
Apple strudel is a cake of German origins (more precisely, it has origins in Austria, aka in the formerly Habsburg Empire) that is still very popular in many European countries. Making authentic strudel requires a special type of pastry, which is not available everywhere.
So, if you want to make German apple strudel you need that pastry, right? Not really, because I’ve created a very similar recipe that uses puff pastry dough instead of the strudel dough!
Because of the simplicity of my recipe, I call it easy apple strudel!
Indeed, after you watch the video, you’re probably convinced that is really easy to make. There aren’t necessarily advanced baking techniques nor fancy ingredients that you can’t find anywhere!
Basically, there are no baking tips to share with you regarding this apple turnover recipe. However, I underline the fact that the use of walnut core is not really mandatory. If you don’t like or you don’t have at hand walnut, simply skip over this ingredient!
Another thing that I inform about is that you can add a bit of cinnamon powder into the apple filling if you wish so. You need about half a teaspoon of this spice to enjoy a more classic apple cake taste.
Another spice that you can use instead of cinnamon is cardamom, an exotic and very flavored spice that I really love and use in many cakes and even foods. It combines excellently with apple, so I recommend to try once an apple cake with cardamom.
Enjoy this easy apple turnover recipe with puff pastry!
Read more about apple strudel origins here.