1) 500 g/17.5 oz of chicken drumsticks
2) 2-3 garlic cloves or to taste
3) 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
4) 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper or to taste
5) 1 tsp of spicy or sweet paprika
6) 2 tbsp of olive oil
7) 1 large tomato (200 g/7 oz)
8) some fresh tarragon leaves or 1/2 tsp of dried tarragon
9) 200 ml/7 fl oz of water, chicken stock, or white wine
1) place chicken drumsticks on a tray
2) crush or rub garlic cloves into a bowl
3) add some salt and ground black pepper over the crushed garlic
4) add paprika and olive oil into the bowl, then mix well all ingredients by hand until you get a smooth paste
5) rub well chicken drumsticks all over with the previously prepared marinade
6) cut the tomato into thin slices
7) place tomato slices between drumsticks
8) place a few fresh leaves of tarragon into the tray or sprinkle over some dried tarragon
9) pour water, stock, or wine into the tray
10) cover the tray with foil and place it into the oven at 170 C/340 F for about half an hour
11) remove foil, then place the tray back into the oven and fry the chicken at the highest temperature until golden brown, flip drumsticks once to roast evenly
Eating chicken has numerous health benefits, including maintaining strong bones and reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Chicken is one of the best sources of the nutrient choline, which is necessary for the healthy function of the brain and nervous system.
It is also a great source of the B vitamins thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and B12, which are involved in energy production and nervous system function.
Chicken is also a good source of selenium, which is important for the function of the thyroid gland.
Chicken is a high-quality protein food that is loaded with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
It is a versatile food that can be prepared in so many ways, making it a healthy addition to any meal plan.
Chicken is also relatively inexpensive and accessible, which makes it an ideal protein for the Paleo diet.
The best cooking method for chicken is baking because it uses no or very little fat and doesn’t require much attention from your side.
Baked chicken belongs to my favorite chicken recipes, so I cook this type of food pretty often. Most often, I cook a baked whole chicken, but chicken leg quarters and drumsticks are also some of my favorite chicken cuts. Nevertheless, sometimes I bake chicken breast together with vegetables or into a sauce, white or red.
Cooking baked drumsticks is very easy and doesn’t require any advanced skills, so anyone can prepare this delicious food with great results. The necessary ingredients are quite basic and can be found almost everywhere.
In addition, cooking time is short, so you can make this baked chicken legs recipe for dinner, lunch, or any time you want to enjoy a great meal effortlessly.
Regarding the cooking method, I strongly recommend you to use foil because it will help to get a tender chicken roast. Of course, if you don’t have foil, you can still use this recipe for baked drumsticks, but you should bake the chicken for a long time before turning the heat high.
In terms of the liquid used, the most common is plain water, but to get a more refined food you could use it instead of chicken stock or even white wine. However, any of them will lead to great results.
The seasoning of this baked chicken legs recipe is pretty simple and the main flavors include garlic, tarragon, tomato, and paprika. I really like this combination because it fits excellently the chicken. I use fresh tarragon leaves as many times as I can, but dried tarragon is also a good option.
Sometimes, along with tomato, I add a chopped bell pepper over chicken legs for an even richer flavor of the food. I recommend trying this version of the recipe in the summertime when both tomato and bell pepper is ripe naturally in the sun and offer unmatched aroma.
Enjoy cooking the baked chicken legs recipe!
You can read more about baked chicken here!
easy baked chicken drumsticks recipe | easy baked chicken legs recipe | easy baked chicken recipes | cooking chicken drumsticks in the oven | cooking chicken legs in the oven | cooking chicken in the oven | easy chicken drumstick recipes | easy chicken leg recipes | easy chicken recipes