📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Baked Spaghetti with Ground Beef at Home
My baked spaghetti with ground beef is one of the most delicious baked pasta recipes you’ve ever cooked!
➡️ Definitely, everyone has in 2023 a baked spaghetti recipe at hand, but did you see how it looks my ground beef pasta recipe? In order to diversify our culinary horizons, sometimes it is good to try new recipes even if we have some favorites.
➡️ Whether you have or not a favorite spaghetti recipe, I recommend you to cook my extra delicious pasta bake with ground beef of Italian inspiration because it’s extremely easy to cook and you’ll have the chance to enjoy one of the tastiest baked spaghetti recipes!
➡️ When you say Italian you automatically think of an explosion of flavors in your mouth and this baked spaghetti recipe is no exception. The taste of boiled spaghetti, fried minced beef, herbs, mozzarella, and more combine in the heat of the oven and create a lunch or dinner that will definitely make you eat too much, so my recipe is not recommended for those on a diet!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Baked Spaghetti with Ground Beef from Scratch
➡️ What would be a better choice when you craving something delicious, easy to make but still nourishing than baked spaghetti with ground beef? Of course, nowadays there are a lot of ground beef pasta bake recipes, but few of them create such a feeling of satiety and good mood as my spaghetti bake recipe!
➡️ Below are listed the needed ingredients and the cooking methods for my baked spaghetti with ground beef. Enjoy cooking baked spaghetti recipes from scratch!
What ingredients do you need to cook the easy baked spaghetti? (recipe for 8 servings)
1) 500 g/18 oz of spaghetti
2) 200 g/7 oz of yellow onions, finely chopped
3) 2-3 cloves of garlic or to taste, finely chopped, crushed, or minced
4) 500 g/18 oz of minced beef
5) some salt and ground black pepper to taste
6) 1 tsp of dried oregano powder
7) 2 tbsp of fresh basil leaves (1 for garnishing) or 11/2 tbsp of dried basil powder
8) 800 g/28 oz of canned peeled chopped tomatoes
9) 250 g/9 oz of grated mozzarella
10) 5 tbsp of olive oil (1 for greasing the casserole)
How to Make Baked Spaghetti with Ground Beef Step by Step
➡️ Eager to know how to cook my baked spaghetti recipe? It is very tasty and easy to cook, so I wholeheartedly recommend it! Below are listed the steps required to cook the baked spaghetti recipe.
Total Time: 40 minutes
1) Boil spaghetti al dente
Heat up a pot of water with a little salt and when it starts bubbling add the spaghetti and boil it al dente (undercooked) according to the instructions on the package, then drain the water well from it and set aside
2) Fry the ground beef
Pour 4 tbsp of olive oil into a frying pan, wait to heat up, add the chopped onions and garlic, fry them until slightly glassy, then add the minced beef, season with some salt and ground black pepper to taste, and simmer until golden brown
3) Complete the beef tomato sauce
Add the chopped tomatoes, half of the basil leaves, and oregano, then simmer the ingredients over a low temperature for about 20 minutes, add a bit of lukewarm water if needed.
4) Place ingredients into a casserole
Oil a heat-proof casserole, place half of the boiled spaghetti, add the beef tomato sauce and the rest of the spaghetti, then toss ingredients to combine well.
5) Add the cheese layer
Level the ingredients on the casserole, then sprinkle the grated mozzarella into a layer.
6) Bake the ground beef pasta
Place the casserole into the preheated oven at 220C/430F and bake the dish until golden on top (about 20-30 minutes.)
7) Serve the baked spaghetti
Turn off the oven, leave the pasta bake inside for about 15-30 minutes, then take it out, sprinkle over some fresh basil leaves and serve the baked spaghetti with ground beef as desired.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
6 PRO Tips For The Baked Spaghetti Recipe With Ground Beef
- do not boil the spaghetti excessively because, on the one hand, it will absorb a lot of water, and on the other hand it will also cook in the oven
- do not use too lean ground beef, a little fat is necessary to fry well in the pan and to give an appetizing taste to the food
- use a quantity of garlic to your liking, 1-2 cloves give a mild aroma, 2-3 a medium aroma, and over 4 a strong garlic taste (I always choose the last option!)
- don’t overcook the pasta bake in the oven, it will become dry
- after the pasta casserole is ready, leave it in the oven for 15-30 minutes before serving so that the pasta absorbs the juice from the casserole
- do serve this dish along with a glass of Italian red wine, you will feel like on vacation in this Mediterranean country!
➡️ Enjoy cooking baked spaghetti with ground beef from scratch! For additional info, read more on casserole!
Related Pasta Bake Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by