Easy beef soup recipe to cook soup with beef, dumplings, and boiled vegetables in Hungarian style.
View this video about how to make beef soup with dumplings and boiled vegetables by using a yummy and easy vegetable beef soup recipe from Hungary!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) slice and place beef in a large pot (at least 10 l/340 fl oz volume)
2) peel off and place root vegetables in the pot, cut them into two or four sticks if vegetables are too large
3) fill the pot up with water, add some salt and peppercorn to taste, then place the pot on the stovetop over very low temperature and boil the soup until both the meat and vegetables are very tender
4) remove gently the foam forming on the soup surface with a spoon several times to get a clear soup
5) take the beef and vegetables out from the soup, then sieve the broth to get a very clear soup base
6) prepare dough for dumplings – first, break eggs into a bowl, then beat them up with a fork until smooth and season with some salt to taste
7) add sunflower oil and semolina, then combine ingredients by hand until you get a very smooth dough
8) warm the beef broth until hot, then reduce the temperature
9) place in the broth dough pieces of the size of about half a tablespoon
10) wait to rise semolina dumplings to the soup surface, this is the sign they are soft and ready for serving
11) place a few ladles of soup and several dumplings on a deep plate, then add some boiled beef and vegetables to taste
12) sprinkle over soup some freshly chopped parsley leaves (recommended) and grind some black pepper if you like the spicy taste
Therefore, the beef soup recipe is often prepared by many families, especially during fall and winter, when the low temperatures require more calories and hot food in order to warm up both the body and soul…
The classic Hungarian meat soup recipe features especially beef or hen, usually together with the bones.
As already mentioned, there are different soup recipes including beef. The recipe presented on this page is very close to the authentic Hungarian beef soup that is cooked in many parts of this country.
Preparing this vegetable beef soup recipe takes some time, but the food is very tasty and hearty, so it’s well worth the effort to make it.
The best-kept secret to making perfect Hungarian beef soup with dumplings is cooking time. However, this depends on the meat type and can take up to 2-3 hours. Beef is one of the meat types that needs a longer cooking time compared to chicken.
Beef broth is simply delicious, while boiled beef is very tender and nourishing. Plus, boiled root vegetables enrich the soup and offer more flavor to your taste buds!
Hungarian beef soup with dumplings is extremely hearty. As a result, there is not mandatory to be accompanied by another dish. Enjoy it!
To read more about Hungarian cuisine, go here.