SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 500 g/17.5 oz of pasta such as penne or another Italian pasta type
2) a pinch of salt + black pepper to taste
3) 1 tbsp of olive oil
4) 300 g/10 oz of Bolognese sauce, bought or homemade
5) 100 ml/3.5 fl oz of tomato sauce if necessary (when Bolognese sauce is too dry)
6) 150 g/5 oz of grated cheese (Parmesan, Cheddar, or another drier cheese type)
7) some fresh greenery such as parsley, coriander, basil (optional)
1) pour some water into a crockpot, add a pinch of salt, and place it on the stovetop over high temperature
2) add pasta to the pot and boil it al dente (partly softened)
3) drain water when pasta is ready
4) brush a casserole tray with olive oil and place the pasta inside
5) add Bolognese sauce over pasta, then add some tomato sauce if necessary
6) grind over some black pepper to taste, then mix ingredients (optional)
7) add cheese to the tray into a layer
8) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the food until the pasta casserole is golden on top (20-30 minutes)
9) meanwhile, chop greenery very finely
10) take the tray out from the oven, sprinkle over food some chopped greenery if used, then wait about 10-15 minutes before serving (recommended)
Pasta bake recipes are nowadays some of the most popular food recipes all over the world.
This Bolognese pasta bake is a very easy pasta casserole recipe that can be prepared with great results even by those without advanced cooking skills.
As you can view in the video, making a pasta casserole with ground meat sauce is really simple. As a result, I don’t have to share cooking tips with you. Still, below are a few thoughts about cooking it.
The pasta bake recipe presented on this page enables you to use leftover Bolognese sauce if you cooked more sauce than necessary for spaghetti Bolognese or pasta Bolognese. So, I recommend you to learn and use it because most of us cook usually a larger quantity of sauce.
Of course, you could make some fresh sauce or use even a sauce bought from the store if you don’t have time to cook one at home.
One of the most important advice in regard of this recipe is to not cook pasta too much, but instead boil it partly so that the pasta is slightly soft. This is because the pasta will cook in the oven together with the sauce that will soften it as well.
Another tip for cooking any pasta bake is to drain water well. If you don’t do that, the used sauce will become watery and the bake will offer an unpleasant texture and taste.
Finally, bake the casserole at a medium temperature to allow it to cook slowly and avoid burning the bottom.
Not to forget, don’t hurry and wait until the top of the casserole is golden and has a thin crust, this are the signs that the dish is ready to serve.
Also, don’t serve the dish immediately but wait about 30 minutes to allow the sauce to be absorbed by pasta and make a delicious consistency.
Those of you who like alcoholic beverages can serve a dry or half-dry white wine along with this pasta casserole. Beer doesn’t match too well this food recipe in my opinion. Needless to say, water and any soft drinks can be served along with this dish of Italian inspiration.
Enjoy homemade Bolognese pasta bake!
Read more about different pasta dishes here.