Learn in this video how to make broccoli soup with dumplings from scratch using a homemade vegetable soup recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 500 g/17 oz of broccoli bunches (fresh or frozen)
2) 600 g/21 oz of carrots
3) 200 g/7 oz of parsley or parsnip roots
4) 200 g/7 oz of celery root
5) some salt or salted red pepper paste
6) 50 ml/1.7 fl oz (2-3 tbsp) of sunflower oil
7) 100 g/3.5 oz of tomatoes
8) 1 egg
9) 3-4 tbsp of all-purpose flour
10) a bundle of fresh parsley leaves
11) 1-2 tbsp of sour cream/serving (optional)
1) peel carrots, parsnip root, and celery root then cut them into small pieces and put them into a tall pot
2) season vegetables with some salt or salted red pepper paste to taste
3) pour vegetable oil and about a glass of water into the pot
4) place the pot on the stove and simmer vegetable over very high temperature for about 5 minutes or until vegetables soften a bit
5) chop tomatoes and add them into the pot along with the broccoli bunches
6) reduce temperature, fill the pot up with water, and boil the soup until the broccoli is soft (about 25-30 minutes)
7) meanwhile, break an egg into a bowl, add the flour and a bit of cold water (50 ml/1.7 fl or depending on the flour you’re using), and mix them energetically until you get a smooth dough with a creamy consistency
8) break small quantities of dough with a spoon and place them into the hot boiling soup broth, then wait until the dumplings rise to the surface
9) in the meantime, chop some fresh parsley leaves to taste, place them into the broccoli soup and boil ingredients 2-3 minutes more
Vegetable soups are typical of Hungarian cuisine, as are the flour and egg dumplings with which they often combine them. These homemade soups are cooked especially in summer when fresh vegetables are plentiful and people want to eat lighter foods because they need fewer calories than in winter.
Broccoli is not a typical vegetable of Hungarian gastronomy, although it has gained a lot in popularity in recent years.
This soup is traditionally cooked with cauliflower (see below), but, being from the same family, I adapted it for broccoli. Both variants of vegetable soup are particularly tasty and nutritious, so I highly recommend them.
The broccoli soup recipe is very easy and, therefore, can be prepared by those who do not have much cooking experience. Additionally, it requires few ingredients that are common to areas with temperate climates. The necessary preparation time is short, so this homemade vegetable soup is a perfect choice when you want to eat something simple and nutritious but you do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
Regarding flour dumplings, they are typical of Hungarian cuisine and are added to various dishes, including soups, probably to give it more food consistency. Nevertheless, I often use them, including for this broccoli soup.
A very important thing about flour dumplings is not to mix the soup as soon as you put the dough in the pot because the dumplings will break. To be perfect, you have just to wait for them to rise to the surface on their own, this is the sure sign that guarantees that they are cooked well.
Finally, I suggest serving broccoli soup with some sour cream placed on top of the plate. This is the typical Hungarian way of serving and I recommend you to do the same because the cooked vegetables fit perfectly with it and, also, the sour cream gives a creamy consistency to the soup.
Not to forget, other vegetables can be added to the broccoli soup recipe such as bell peppers, chili peppers, or onions, to name just a few.
Vegetable soup is a common soup prepared using vegetables and leaf vegetables as primary ingredients. It dates to ancient history, and is a mass-produced food product in contemporary times.
Vegetable soup is prepared using vegetables, leafy greens, mushrooms, and roots as main ingredients. Some fruits can also be used, such as tomato and squash. Vegetable soup can be prepared as a stock- or cream-based soup. Basic ingredients in addition to vegetables can include beans and legumes, grains, tofu, noodles and pasta, vegetable broth or stock, milk, cream, water, olive or vegetable oil, seasonings, salt and pepper, among myriad others. Some vegetable soups are pureed and run through a sieve, straining them to create a smooth texture. It is typically served hot, although some, such as gazpacho, are typically served cold. Vegetable soup is sometimes served as a starter or appetizer dish.Vegetable soup (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable_soup)
Broccoli is a good source of fibre and protein, and contains iron, potassium, calcium, selenium and magnesium as well as the vitamins A, C, E, K and a good array of B vitamins including folic acid.
A study by Nutrition Research found that consuming steamed broccoli regularly lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease by reducing the total amount of cholesterol in the body. Another study in the US also found that increasing vegetables in the diet, especially cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, could reduce the risk of heart disease.
Vitamin K is an essential nutrient that is needed for blood clotting, and may play an important role in keeping our bones healthy and strong. Whilst more research is needed, there has been consistent evidence that vitamin K can improve bone health in general as well as increasing bone mineral density and reducing fracture rates in those with osteoporosis.The health benefits of broccoli (https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/health-benefits-broccoli)