Easy chicken cordon bleu recipes – how to make chicken schnitzel stuffed with ham and cheese. Easy chicken cordon bleu recipe to cook chicken schnitzel of boneless chicken breast, ham, cheese, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make chicken cordon bleu from scratch by using a yummy and easy ham and cheese stuffed chicken schnitzel recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe for easy chicken cordon bleu by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) skinless boneless chicken breast
2) salt and ground white pepper
3) Prague ham or another type of thin ham slices
4) Parmesan or Gouda cheese, thin slices
5) 2-3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
6) 2-3 eggs
7) 2-3 tbsp of breadcrumbs
8) 300 ml / 10 fl oz of vegetable oil for frying
1) remove skin and bone, then cut the chicken breast in two halves
2) use a very sharp knife with a thin blade and cut a pocket into each half lengthwise, just like in the video
3) season chicken breast with salt and white pepper to taste
4) take a ham slice, place over a cheese slice, then add another ham slice and roll them together as tightly as possible
5) put the roll into the pocket you previously made in the chicken breast half and seal the edges with toothpicks in 2-3 places
6) continue in the same way with the second chicken breast half
7) break eggs into a bowl, then beat them up by a fork
8) pass cordon bleu through flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs to coat it well with each of these ingredients, exactly in this order
9) place oil in a pan, then put the pan to the stovetop over medium temperature and wait until the oil is hot
10) place chicken cordon bleu into oil and wait to brown the bottom side
11) flip cordon bleu and wait until both sides are evenly browned
12) take cordon bleu out from the pan and drain well the oil, then place it to absorbent paper to remove any excess oil
13) remove toothpicks with care to not break the fried breadcrumb coating
14) serve this easy chicken cordon bleu while it’s still warm
Chicken recipes are very popular all over the world. One of the most appreciated chicken cuts is chicken breast.
There are available many stuffed chicken breast recipes, fried in the pan or baked in the oven, but the classic one, namely the chicken cordon bleu remains one of the best foods you ever tasted!
Regarding stuffing – I used 2 slices of ham and one slice of cheese to fill up a chicken breast half, but you can use a double quantity (6 slices) and change the proportion between cheese and ham if you’d like so.
The only thing you should keep in mind is to let space enough to seal well the pocket’s edges as to not get inside hot oil while you frying cordon bleu.
Chicken cordon bleu is extremely delicious. The savory boneless chicken breast combines with melted cheese and appetizing ham flavor, so there is a winning final taste that likes everyone!
There are many side dishes that fit the chicken cordon bleu. Some of my favorites are creamy mashed potatoes, fries, risotto or plain rice pilaf.
Of course, there are many other side dishes you can try along with this easy chicken cordon bleu recipe. A fresh vegetable salad is also recommended along with this royal food. Enjoy it!
To find out more about cordon bleu click here.