Chicken schnitzel recipes – how to make German chicken leg schnitzel with breadcrumbs. Easy chicken leg recipe to cook German schnitzel with chicken legs, chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks and more simple and tasty ingredients such as eggs and breadcrumbs.
Learn in this video how to make chicken leg schnitzel with breadcrumbs by using a yummy and easy chicken schnitzel recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1.5 kg of chicken leg, chicken thigh or chicken drumstick
2) salt and ground white pepper (optional)
3) 3-4 eggs
4) 3-4 tbsp of all-purpose flour
5) 3-4 tbsp of breadcrumbs
6) 300 ml / 10 fl oz sunflower oil for frying
1) if you are using whole chicken legs, remove excess skin and back if necessary, then cut the leg on the joint into thigh and drumstick (view how to cut chicken leg into pieces)
2) rub the chicken with salt and pepper to enter inside the meat evenly, then cover the bowl with foil and place it in the fridge for about 1 hour (optional)
3) coat each chicken piece with flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs (exactly in this order) so that it finally has a smooth crust
4) pour oil into a frying pan, place it over medium heat and wait until the oil is hot
5) lay chicken pieces in the pan
6) fry the meat until crust on the bottom side turns golden (2-4 minutes)
7) flip chicken schnitzels and wait until they turn completely golden (2-3 minutes), you need to fry drumsticks 1-2 minutes more with the joint placed into the oil
8) take chicken leg schnitzel with breadcrumbs out from the pan and place it on absorbent paper to remove excess oil
Schnitzel is one of the most popular chicken recipes in many European countries. Chicken schnitzel can be prepared with breadcrumbs (Wiener schnitzel) or without breadcrumbs (Parisian schnitzel – view how to make chicken leg schnitzel without breadcrumbs).
This chicken schnitzel recipe is extremely tasty. Furthermore, chicken is tender, while the crust is crispy.
To get the best results, never place schnitzel into a covered dish. If you do so, the schnitzel won’t be crunchy anymore because the crumb is softened by steam.
The best drink to serve along with chicken schnitzel is white wine, but it can be accompanied by a cold beer as well. Soft drinks and plain water are good choices as well.
Enjoy chicken leg schnitzel with breadcrumbs!
You can read more about different schnitzel types here.