Easy chicken recipe to cook a stew with fresh mushrooms, boneless chicken breast, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this cooking video how to make a chicken and mushroom stew from scratch using a yummy and easy boneless chicken recipe without cream!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking chicken and mushrooms! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of fresh mushrooms
2) 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil
3) 700 g/25 oz of skinless boneless chicken breast
4) 100 g/3.5 oz of chopped onions
5) salt and ground black pepper to taste
6) 2 tsp of sweet paprika (you can use spicy paprika as well)
7) 2 medium-sized tomatoes
8) 2 medium-sized bell peppers
9) 300 ml/10 fl oz of water or chicken broth
10) 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram or oregano
11) 1/2 tsp of dried basil
12) some fresh dill, coriander, or parsley to taste (optional)
13) some sour cream for serving (optional)
1) fry mushrooms into a large skillet with very little vegetable oils (1-2 spoons)
2) put aside fried mushrooms when golden
3) remove skin and bone from chicken breast, then cube it into medium-sized pieces
4) put the chicken breast in the same skillet that you have used previously and fry it, add more oil if necessary
5) put the fried chicken over mushrooms when golden brown
6) finely chop the onion, then fry it in the same skillet as previously until slightly brown, season it with some salt to taste
7) add paprika and fry for 20-30 seconds more by stirring continuously
8) chop tomatoes and bell peppers, add them over onions and fry ingredients for 2-3 minutes or until slightly soft
9) put chicken and mushroom back into the skillet, then combine ingredients
10) add water or chicken broth to the skillet, then season food with ground black pepper, marjoram (oregano), and basil (you can use fresh aromatic plants as well)
11) chop the dill, add it to the skillet, reduce temperature and wait until the sauce drops and all ingredients are soft
12) take the skillet off the stove and wait 15 minutes before serving
13) serve chicken and mushroom stew with sour cream on top (optional)
Stew belongs to the most popular food recipes. There are thousands of stew recipes and many of them include mushrooms or chicken or both.
For those who don’t know, a stew is a combination of solid ingredients cooked in liquid which turns into gravy.
Most often, different vegetables are combined with meat and simmered together.
As already mentioned, one of the most popular vegetables used to cook stew is mushrooms, while one of the most used meat types is chicken.
Among the used liquids, water is common, but stock is also frequently added.
This chicken stew with fresh mushrooms is very tasty – all ingredients are tender after cooking and you enjoy rich flavors given by the aromatic plants you added to the dish.
There is very important to use very few oils when frying both the mushroom and boneless chicken breast. Otherwise, the mushroom stew will be full of oil and you won’t enjoy it at all!
Another very important thing is to wait until all the water evaporates when frying fresh Champignon or Portobello mushrooms.
However, the best-kept secret to making the perfect chicken mushroom stew is to simmer ingredients, not to boil them!
The best drink to match the chicken mushroom stew is white wine. Enjoy it!
More information about the stew origins is available here.