Easy chicken tikka masala recipes – how to make homemade chicken tikka masala in 15 steps at home.
Easy chicken tikka recipe to cook a thick sauce with grilled chicken and delicious Indian ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make chicken tikka by using a yummy and easy grilled chicken recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY easy chicken tikka masala! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 400 g/14 oz of grilled chicken, chicken breast, or chicken legs
2) 200 g/7 oz of onion
3) 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
4) 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
5) 250 g/9 oz of tomatoes, chopped
6) 1 tsp of curry powder
7) 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
8) 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
9) 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder
10) salt and ground black pepper to taste
11) 1 tsp of sweet paprika
12) 1/2 tsp of spicy paprika or hot chili pepper powder (optional)
13) 10-12 tbsp of rice
14) some fresh parsley or coriander leaves
1) marinate chicken to taste and grill on the coal BBQ or in the oven (you can use leftover chicken roast as well)
2) remove bones and skin from grilled chicken, then cut remaining meat into medium-sized pieces – you need about 400 g/14 oz of grilled chicken
3) peel onions off and chop them finely
4) pour vegetable oil into a frying skillet and wait until hot
5) place onions into the skillet and fry them until glassy
6) add some salt to taste, garlic, and tomatoes, then mix ingredients
7) add about 200 ml/7 fl oz of warmish water to the skillet and simmer ingredients
8) meanwhile, add curry, cardamom, ginger, and nutmeg
9) add grilled chicken to the skillet and mix ingredients
10) grind some black pepper and add paprika into the skillet
11) simmer ingredients over low temperature until the sauce is low and all ingredients are tender
12) meanwhile, boil some rice in salted water until soft (optional)
13) spread a layer of boiled rice into the plate, then add a few spoons of chicken tikka over
14) chop greenery to your taste and sprinkle some over food from the plate (optional)
15) serve this delicious homemade chicken tikka masala recipe while warm
Chicken tikka is one of the most flavored chicken recipes that I cook at home.
Many people think that tikka masala is Indian food. That’s just partly real because this type of chicken food has been invented by Indian chefs from the UK.
Another interesting thing about chicken tikka is that this food doesn’t have a unique recipe. Instead, every chef has its own version! So, don’t be surprised if you’ll find different homemade chicken masala recipes on culinary blogs!
I have also more homemade chicken tikka masala recipes. Sometimes I use grilled chicken on the charcoal grill because of the added smoked flavor, which I simply love! Other times, I cook tikka masala with leftover chicken roast or with fried chicken breast, depending on which of these ingredients I have at hand at that moment.
Regarding flavors used for my homemade chicken tikka masala recipes, the same variations apply. All my tikka masala recipes feature salt, black pepper, and curry, but others can vary pretty much.
However, the base which is common in all my homemade chicken tikka masala recipes is the fried onion. Basically, I cook a flavored onion sauce in which I soften fried or grilled chicken.
Most chicken tikka recipes require serving them with boiled rice. I also use this side dish for this easy chicken tikka masala recipe because boiled rice matches very well chicken stew, which is, in fact, tikka masala.
Besides rice, other side dishes can be served along with your homemade chicken tikka masala recipe. Some of the most suitable ones include mashed potatoes, boiled potatoes, and boiled pasta, to name but a few of them.
Enjoy easy chicken tikka masala recipe!
Read more about homemade chicken tikka masala recipes here.