Easy homemade cake recipe to make a delicious walnut meringue layer cake with coffee cream and more tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make a coffee and walnut cake from scratch by using a yummy and easy meringue layer cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY coffee and walnut meringue cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 9 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
2) 300 g/10.5 oz + 250 g/9 oz of granulated sugar
3) 300 g/10.5 oz of medium-ground walnut core
4) 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs
5) a pinch of salt
6) a few spoons of flour to bake the sheets
7) some cake margarine or butter to brush the tray
8) 6 tbsp of highly concentrated coffee obtained from natural coffee or soluble coffee
9) 250 g/9 oz of butter or margarine at room temperature and cut into cubes
1) separate the egg whites, put them in a bowl, add a little salt and whisk them by mixer
2) while whisking the egg whites add 300 g/10.5 oz of sugar and continue to mix the ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved and you get a sticky meringue
3) add the walnut and crumb, then homogenize the ingredients manually
4) brush the outside of a tray with margarine and sprinkle a thin layer of flour, then spread a thin layer of walnut meringue over it
5) put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the walnut sheet until it hardens (about 3-5 minutes)
6) take out the tray from the oven, carefully remove the sheet with a knife so it does not break, then proceed identically with the rest of the walnut meringue (you will get another 2 cake sheets)
7) wait for the walnut sheets to cool
8) meanwhile, put the yolks in a bowl, add 250 g/9 oz of sugar and mix the ingredients manually
9) add 6 spoons of coffee and mix again
10) put some water in a saucepan and heat it to about 60-70 C/140-160 F, put on saucepan the coffee bowl so that it does not touch the water, then continuously stir to boil the coffee cream
11) the coffee cream is ready when it has hardened slightly (5-10 minutes), wait for it to cool
12) cut the butter into cubes, then rub it on the edges of a bowl as in the video
13) add 1 tablespoon of coffee cream over butter and mix ingredients by rubbing
14) continue the same with 2 tablespoons of coffee until it runs out (it can be done by mixer taking care not to cut the cream)
15) cut the edges of the sheets to be straight, then cut them in two equal parts lengthwise
16) put a cake sheet on the tray, then spread a thin layer of coffee cream on it
17) do the same with the rest of the sheets and cream
18) coat the cake with cream entirely
19) garnish this delicious coffee and walnut meringue cake as you prefer
20) put the coffee and walnut meringue cake in the fridge until the next day to soften the walnut meringue layers
This meringue cake is one of the homemade coffee and walnut cake recipes that my grandmother prepared for the holidays! It has a wonderful taste of coffee mixed with walnuts. The texture of the coffee and walnut cake is also a mixture that is creamy and crunchy at the same time!
Overall, this coffee and walnut cake is a delight that you deserve to enjoy the holidays at the highest level or as many times as you want to eat a special dessert, even if its preparation takes some time!
I love this coffee and walnut cake since childhood so much that only the memory of Christmas automatically brings it to my mind! Therefore, I warmly recommend it and I assure you that you, as well as your family and friends, will enjoy it!
Enjoy the coffee and walnut meringue cake!
Read more about meringue here.