Easy creamed spinach recipe to cook healthy spinach with milk, frozen spinach, garlic, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this cooking video how to make creamed spinach with milk using a yummy and easy frozen spinach recipe in the French style!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY creamy spinach with milk! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) pour some oil into the pot, crush garlic cloves, then add them into the pot
2) place the pot on the stovetop and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes over very high temperature to soften and roast it a bit, mix it frequently to avoid burning
3) add frozen spinach to the pot and about 100 ml/3.5 fl oz of water (you can use fresh spinach as well, but you have to boil, drain, and chop it previously), then boil ingredients for about 4-5 minutes or until the spinach has thawed, mix from time to time
4) reduce temperature, then add 300 ml/10 fl oz of milk and boil food for 3-4 minutes or until the milk is hot
5) in the meantime, combine the remaining milk with flour until you get a smooth batter without lumps
6) season food with salt, ground white pepper, and nutmeg to taste
7) when the milk starts bubbling, pour slowly the batter in the pot while stirring continuously
8) boil food for about 1-2 minutes or until spinach becomes creamy
Food recipes including spinach are very popular in some parts of the world. France is one of the countries where spinach is used largely in the kitchen. As a result, there is not surprising that many spinach recipes come from France.
Spinach grows in many parts of the planet. As a result, many other cultures use spinach in gastronomy.
Spinach is used to cook delicious food because it offers a very fresh taste. Plus, spinach is very healthy for the many minerals it contains. Some of the most important of these are iron and calcium.
Spinach is also s very important source for vitamin K.
This creamed spinach recipe is based also on a French spinach recipe. The recipe is really easy, there aren’t necessarily many ingredients and the needed cooking skills are basic, so anyone can prepare this food with great results.
Despite its simplicity, the creamed spinach recipe with milk is very delicious. Therefore, it’s liked by most people who taste it.
Besides milk, creamed spinach can be prepared with sour cream. This is another spinach recipe that I simply love!
The garlic quantity depends entirely on your taste. I like garlic very much, so I add usually at least 3-4 garlic cloves. You can use 1 or 2 for a discrete garlic aroma.
The spinach recipe is very versatile, it can be prepared with either fresh or frozen spinach. This is a huge advantage because you can cook this spinach recipe all over the year.
Of course, if you have the occasion and the time to cook it, I recommend using fresh spinach for the extra vitamins. However, the creamed spinach made of frozen spinach is equally tasty!
Creamed spinach with milk can be served plain, with a fried egg (I love so much this version!), fried egg bread, fish fingers, and many other meat dishes such as roast chicken leg quarters, chicken schnitzel, pork steak, and so on. Enjoy it!
Read more about spinach here.