📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Strawberry Cake Recipes without Gelatin: Fresh Strawberry Cake
My homemade strawberry cake recipe without gelatin is one of the most delicious fresh strawberry cake recipes you’ve ever made!
➡️ Looking for the best fresh strawberry cake recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll find out how to make a strawberry cake without gelatin in 13 steps at home. Who doesn’t like strawberries? Maybe only those with allergies to this fruit would answer “me”, but I personally don’t know anyone who doesn’t adore them!
➡️ Strawberry cakes are so popular that there are probably thousands of recipes with these sweet and juicy fruits. Some are simple, others more complicated, but I like the traditional ones the most. My homemade sponge cake recipe enables you to prepare a fresh strawberry cake without gelatin in a very simple and quick way.
➡️ The preparation of most desserts based on a sponge cake is very simple and does not require much time, and this recipe is no exception. Watch the cake-baking video below and learn how to make a fresh strawberry cake without gelatin using a yummy and easy homemade sponge cake recipe from scratch!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make a Fresh Strawberry Cake without Gelatin from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make a fresh strawberry cake without gelatin?
1) 6 egg yolks
2) 6 tbsp of granulated sugar
3) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
4) 6 tbsp of cold water
5) 6 tbsp of all-purpose flour
6) some salt
7) 25 g/1 oz of butter or cake margarine
8) 500 ml/17 fl oz of cream
9) 6 tbsp of powdered milk (this replaces gelatin)
10) 1 kg/35 oz of fresh strawberries
11) 1 sachet of clear gelatin or agar-agar (this replaces gelatin)
How to make a fresh strawberry cake recipe from scratch?
1) break eggs, separate the yolks and whites, then place egg yolks into a bowl
2) add sugar over yolks and blend ingredients with the mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) add vanilla extract and cold water, then combine the ingredients
4) sieve the flour to aerate it and remove impurities, then add it to the bowl and mix the ingredients gently by hand
5) place egg whites into another bowl, add a pinch of salt, and whip ingredients by mixer until hard
6) gradually add egg white to the first bowl while combining gently by hand
7) brush a tray with butter or margarine, sprinkle over it a very thin layer of flour, then pour the previously prepared dough inside
8) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the sponge cake until golden on top
9) take the tray out from the oven and wait until the cake cools to room temperature
10) place cream into a bowl, add powdered milk and whip it until hard
11) spread whipped cream over sponge cake into a layer and make some shapes of your choice with a fork for a better look (optional)
12) slice strawberries and place them over the cake into a layer (you can use whole strawberries if they are of a smaller size)
13) prepare clear gelatin as indicated on the sachet and brush strawberries with it to avoid oxidation; you can replace gelatin with agar-agar if you don’t want to use gelatin or skip this step completely if you serve the cake immediately
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe
➡️ Strawberry is one of the most used fresh fruits to prepare homemade cake recipes. Everyone loves strawberries because of their heavenly taste and splendid look that attracts all eyes! Needless to say, I use often fresh strawberries to bake different cakes at home. The one I share on this page is extremely easy to make, it’s ready in a short time, and does not require any fancy ingredients. Plus, it looks simply amazing!
➡️ Basically, you have to bake a simple sponge cake, whip the cream up, spread a layer over the cake, then add some fresh strawberries, and you’re ready to serve it! It’s unbelievably simple, isn’t it?
➡️ For a more appealing look, I add sometimes fresh peppermint leaves over the cake. So, the cake will definitely not go unnoticed and its taste will be even richer and more refined!
➡️ Because of its simplicity, there aren’t many baking tips to share regarding this fresh strawberry cake recipe except, maybe, the sponge cake. Many people ask why my sponge cake is so fluffy compared to those prepared using other recipes.
➡️ The secret consists of manually mixing: you have to combine the ingredients by hand slowly after adding flour and the whipped egg whites to the other ingredients in the bowl. In this way, the dough incorporates small air bubbles that will make the sponge cake very fluffy during baking! There is nothing complicated, just basic baking skills that anyone should master!
➡️ As for the gelatin, I’ve shown you how to make a fresh strawberry cake recipe without gelatin, so this homemade fruit cake recipe can be used by vegans as well!
➡️ Finally, strawberries can be replaced with other fruits such as raspberry, blueberry, and so on.
➡️ Enjoy making a fresh strawberry cake from scratch! For additional info, read more on strawberry cake!
Related Strawberry Cake Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by