Homemade sponge cake recipe to prepare fresh strawberry cake without gelatin.
Learn in this video how to make a fresh strawberry cake without gelatin by using a yummy and easy homemade cake recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY strawberry cake! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 6 egg yolks
2) 6 tbsp of granulated sugar
3) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
4) 6 tbsp of cold water
5) 6 tbsp of all-purpose flour
6) some salt
7) 25 g/1 oz of butter or cake margarine
8) 500 ml/17 fl oz of cream
9) 6 tbsp of powdered milk (this replaces gelatin)
10) 1 kg/35 oz of fresh strawberries
11) 1 sachet of clear gelatin or agar-agar (this replaces gelatin)
1) break eggs, separate the yolks and whites, then place egg yolks into a bowl
2) add sugar over yolks and blend ingredients with the mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) add vanilla extract and cold water, then combine ingredients
4) sieve the flour to aerate it and remove impurities, then add it to the bowl and mix ingredients gently by hand
5) place egg whites into another bowl, add a pinch of salt, and whip ingredients by mixer until hard
6) gradually add egg white to the first bowl while combining gently by hand
7) brush a tray with butter or margarine, sprinkle over it a very thin layer of flour, then pour the previously prepared dough inside
8) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the sponge cake until golden on top
9) take the tray out from the oven and wait until the cake cools to room temperature
10) place cream into a bowl, add powdered milk and whip it until hard
11) spread whipped cream over sponge cake into a layer and make some shapes on your choice with a fork for a better look (optional)
12) slice strawberries and place them over the cake into a layer (you can use whole strawberries if they are of a smaller size)
13) prepare clear gelatin as indicated on the sachet and brush strawberries with it to avoid oxidation; you can replace gelatin with agar-agar if you don’t want to use gelatin or to skip this step completely if you serve the cake immediately
Strawberry is one of the most used fresh fruits to prepare homemade cake recipes. Everyone loves strawberries because of their heavenly taste and splendid look that attracts all eyes!
I use often fresh strawberries to bake different cakes at home. The one I present on this page is extremely easy to make, it’s ready in a short time, does not require any fancy ingredients. Plus, it looks amazing!
Basically, you have to bake a simple sponge cake, whip the cream, and spread a layer over the cake, then add some fresh strawberries and you’re ready to go! It’s unbelievably simple, isn’t it?
For a more appealing look, I add sometimes fresh peppermint leaves over the cake. So, the cake will definitely not go unnoticed and its taste will be even richer and refined!
There are not many baking tips to share regarding this fresh strawberry cake recipe except, maybe, the sponge cake.
Many people ask why my sponge cake is so fluffy compared to those prepared by using other recipes.
The secret consists of manually mixing – you have to combine ingredients by hand both after adding flour and whipped egg whites to the other ingredients.
In this way, the dough incorporates small air bubbles which will make the sponge cake very fluffy during baking! There is nothing complicated, just basic baking skills!
Regarding gelatin – I’ve shown you how to make a fresh strawberry cake recipe without gelatin, so this homemade fruit cake recipe can be used by vegans as well!
Enjoy fresh strawberry cake recipe without gelatin!
Read more about strawberry cake recipes here.