Learn in this cooking video how to make homemade ham pizza from scratch using a tasty and easy homemade pizza recipe just like in Italy!
SUPER YUMMY homemade pizza recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking pizza! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 200-300 g/7-10 oz of pizza dough for a 28 cm/11-inch pizza tray (bought or homemade – view how to make pizza dough with yeast and pizza dough without yeast)
2) 3 tbsp of tomato sauce or canned chopped tomatoes
3) 300 g/10 oz of ham (country-style pork ham, Prague ham, pressed ham, or another similar cured ham type)
4) 150 g/5 oz of green or red bell peppers
5) 150 g/5 oz of Brie cheese or another similar creamy cheese type
6) 150 g /5 oz of seedless black olives
7) 150 g/5 oz of onions (optional)
8) 1 tbsp of fresh oregano or basil leaves or 1/2 tsp of their dried version
1) prepare pizza dough at home (see pizza crust recipes above) or unpack pizza base bought from the store
2) stretch the pizza dough into the pizza mold
3) place tomato sauce over the dough and stretch it into an even layer
4) cut the ham into small pieces or thin strips with a knife, then place them over the sauce into a layer
5) remove seeds and stub from the bell pepper, then cut them into very thin rounds and place them over the ham
6) cut the Brie cheese into thin slices and place them over the rest of the ingredients
7) place randomly olives into the mold
8) cut onions into thin rounds and place them over the pizza (optional)
9) sprinkle oregano or basil over the ingredients in the mold
10) bake the ham pizza in the preheated oven at 200C/390 F until golden on top (about 15 minutes or according to your oven)
11) take your homemade pizza out from the oven and wait at 5-10 minutes before serving, sprinkle some oregano/basil leaves over if you like very flavored food
We all like pizza and we want to eat it whenever we have the opportunity. We like pizza so much that we often abuse and overeat it!
Of course, everyone knows a few kinds of pizza that you order from your favorite pizzeria. For commercial reasons, each pizzeria makes only a few types of pizza that, at some point, we no longer want because their taste has become commonplace. At that moment, you think about what it would be like to make your own homemade pizza recipe on which to put the toppings you like the most.
I overcame that moment and started making my own homemade pizza recipes and I share one of them on this page. It contains two of the ingredients that I really like, namely smoked ham and creamy cheese.
Most often I use country-style smoked bacon, on which I leave a little fat because it gives an extra flavor to the food. However, you can use another type of ham without any fat such as Prague ham or pressed ham.
As for the cheese, I use a type of French creamy cheese called Brie cheese. Without question, you can use another type of creamy cheese that you have at your disposal or even replace it with another type of matured cheese such as grated Parmesan or Gruyere.
Regarding the dough needed for ham pizza, you can use dough bought from the store or make your own dough. Some people think this is complicated, but in reality, homemade pizza dough recipes are simple and don’t take that long, even if the yeast pizza dough needs to leaven.
Even if I like flavored food, I avoid using too many spices. Brie cheese and ham pizza is one of the dishes at which I use a small number of such ingredients. This is due to the fact that both smoked ham and Brie cheese have their own strong flavors and I want them to be well perceived in the final taste of the pizza.
If you like less flavored food, you can use a smaller amount of spices or even remove it completely.
As for onions, their use is completely at your discretion. If you use it, I recommend you cut very thin slices so that they can bake during the time spent in the oven.
Enjoy the easy ham pizza recipe!
Even though it is very popular today, many do not know exactly what pizza is, where it comes from and how it turned from poor food into one of the most popular dishes in the world. Read below more.
Pizza (Italian: [ˈpittsa], Neapolitan: [ˈpittsə]) is a savory dish of Italian origin consisting of a usually round, flattened base of leavened wheat-based dough topped with tomatoes, cheese, and often various other ingredients (such as anchovies, mushrooms, onions, olives, pineapple, meat, etc.), which is then baked at a high temperature, traditionally in a wood-fired oven. A small pizza is sometimes called a pizzetta. A person who makes pizza is known as a pizzaiolo.
In Italy, pizza served in formal settings, such as at a restaurant, is presented unsliced, and is eaten with the use of a knife and fork. In casual settings, however, it is cut into wedges to be eaten while held in the hand.
The term pizza was first recorded in the 10th century in a Latin manuscript from the Southern Italian town of Gaeta in Lazio, on the border with Campania. Modern pizza was invented in Naples, and the dish and its variants have since become popular in many countries. It has become one of the most popular foods in the world and a common fast food item in Europe and North America, available at pizzerias (restaurants specializing in pizza), restaurants offering Mediterranean cuisine, and via pizza delivery. Many companies sell ready-baked frozen pizzas to be reheated in an ordinary home oven.Pizza (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza)