📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Pork Shoulder Roast with Marinade in the Oven: Oven-Roasted Pork Butt Recipe
➡️ When it comes to cooking pork butt roast, I always use a very flavored marinade that highlights the sweetness and flavor of pork shoulder.
➡️ Pork butt, Boston butt, pork neck, and pork shoulder are the same thing but are named differently in various regions and countries, so you’ll find pork roast recipes with this cut under all these names.
➡️ Regardless of its name, pork butt is one of the juiciest and tenderest pork cuts, even if some consider it too fat and therefore unworthy of a refined meal. I simply love eating pork neck roast, so I share with you a very simple but extremely delicious recipe for cooking Boston butt in the oven.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Pork Butt Roast in the Oven from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to cook pork butt roast? (recipe for 10 servings)
1) 2,5 kg/90 oz of pork neck/pork butt/pork shoulder
2) 3-5 cloves of garlic or to taste, finely minced, crushed, or chopped
3) some salt and ground black pepper to taste
4) 1 tsp of cumin powder
5) 1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 11/2 tsp of dried rosemary powder
6) 2 tbsp of olive oil
7) 2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs
How to Cook Boston Butt Roast in the Oven Step by Step
➡️ Eager to know how to cook roast Boston butt? The recipe is very tasty and easy to cook, so I wholeheartedly recommend it! Below are listed the steps required to cook the roast pork neck recipe.
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
1) Prepare the marinade
Pour the oil into a bowl, add the crushed garlic and seasonings, then mix well to combine them thoroughly, add 1-2 tbsp of cold water while mixing if needed to make the marinade fluid
2) Marinate the pork butt
Pour the marinade over the pork neck chunk and rub it all over to get the flavors inside
3) Seal the pork butt
Place the pork butt chunk over an aluminum foil piece and seal it well, then let the meat in the fridge overnight (optional, if you have time)
4) Place the meat in the oven
Put the pork butt on a tray, then place it in the preheated oven at 180C/360F for 1 hour to bake the meat, flip the package after 30 minutes
5) Unseal the package
Open the aluminum foil at the top of the package so that the heat reaches the meat well, and increase the temperature to 290C/550F
6) Roast the pork butt evenly
When the top of the pork butt roast is golden brown (about 15 minutes), flip the meat chunk and roast it evenly (10-15 minutes or so)
7) Wait to cool the pork roast
Turn the heat off and leave the tray in the oven for about 30 minutes to cool the roast a bit before slicing as desired
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
8 PRO Tips For The Marinated Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe
- take the meat out of the fridge about 1 hour before cooking
- rub the meat well with the marinade to get better inside
- if you have time, leave the marinated pork neck in the fridge overnight for better flavoring
- if you don’t have rosemary, you can use thyme instead with equally delicious results
- add a little hot chili pepper powder to the marinade if you like spicy food
- seal the aluminum foil well so that the steam remains inside and tenderizes the meat
- leave the meat on the bone if you find such a pork shoulder cut at the butcher, the steak will be even juicier
- after roasting, turn off the heat but leave the tray in the oven for at least 30 minutes before slicing so that the pork butt roast cools down a bit and you can cut whole slices with ease
➡️ A Boston butt roast is a very large chunk of meat, so it normally takes a long time to cook in the oven. However, your patience is well worth it because the pork butt roast is very flavorful and tender when ready.
➡️ Enjoy cooking pork butt roast in the oven from scratch! For additional info, read more on Boston butt!
Related Pork Butt Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by