Easy pork pie recipes – how to make pork pie with mince, potato, and phyllo dough pastry. Easy potato pork pie recipe to cook an old fashioned pie with simple and tasty ingredients like ground pork, potatoes, carrots, and phyllo pastry dough.
Learn in this video how to make pork pie at home from scratch by using a yummy and easy homemade pie recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 800 g / 28 oz of potato
2) 1 kg / 35 oz of ground pork
3) some vegetable oil
4) salt and ground black pepper
5) 150 g / 5 oz of green onion
6) 100 g / 3.5 oz of carrot
7) 1 bundle of fresh parsley leaves
8) 2 + 1 eggs
9) 400 g / 14 oz of phyllo dough (12 sheets)
10) some butter for pastry brushing (optional)
1) boil potatoes in salted water until soft, then wait to cool and peel them off
2) fry pork mince in a skillet with some oil, meanwhile season it with salt to taste
3) chop spring onion and carrot, then add them over bleached mincemeat and simmer ingredients over low temperature
4) chop parsley leaves and add them to the skillet when all ingredients are soft, simmer for about 1 minute more
5) wait about 10 minutes to cool the mince mixture
6) season meat with ground black pepper to taste and add over 2 eggs, then combine ingredients well
7) cube boiled potatoes into small pieces, add them to the fried mince and combine ingredients well
8) unpack phyllo pastry dough, separate 2 sheets and brush them with some vegetable oil or melted butter
9) add 2 more pastry sheets just like in the video and brush them
10) place 1/3 of the vegetable mince mixture over the brushed pie sheets into a strip stretched lengthwise (see the video)
11) bend sheet edges inwards, then roll them as tight as possible to keep filling inside
12) place mince pie on a tray coated with baking paper, then continue with the rest of ingredients (finally, you’ll have 3 pie rolls)
13) break and beat an egg, then brush meat pies all over
14) make some notches in the phyllo dough to go steam out during baking
15) bake pork pie in the preheated oven at 200 C / 390 F until golden brown
16) take the tray out from the oven and wait for the pie to cool completely
17) slice pork pie into pieces of the desired size
One of the most appreciated food types that includes mince is pie.
This easy pork mince pie recipe is very tasty because of the combined meat and vegetable taste.
Most pork pie recipes don’t contain any vegetables and for this reason, they have a simple taste, without too many flavors.
The pork mince pie is easy to make, it doesn’t require many ingredients or cooking skills, and is ready in a short time.
Your guests will be delighted for sure by the savory taste of the filling and crunchy texture of the baked phyllo dough when you serve this pie as a cold appetizer!
The best drink to match the meat pie is the light beer, however, quality white wine is also a very good choice. Water and soft drinks are other options.
Enjoy pork pie recipe with potato and carrot!
Read more about different pork pie recipes here.