Learn in this video how to make pulled pork from scratch by using a yummy and easy Boston butt recipe with boneless pork neck and beer!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2 kg/70 oz of boneless pork neck (Boston butt)
2) some coarse marine salt to taste
3) a whole head of garlic or to taste
4) 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper or to taste
5) 1/2 tsp of allspice powder
6) 1 tsp of dried thyme
7) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
8) 4-6 tbsp of vegetable oil, depending on how fat is the meat
9) 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
10) 500 ml/17.5 fl oz of light beer
1) cut Boston butt in two parts lengthwise
2) rub meat chunks with salt to enter better inside
3) place the meat on a tray
4) peel garlic cloves off, crush or grate them finely, then place it into a bowl
5) add ground black pepper, allspice, thyme, and cumin to the bowl
6) pour vegetable oil and vinegar into the bowl, then combine ingredients well
7) pour marinade over meat and rub it thoroughly all over
8) pour beer into the tray
9) cover the tray with food foil and place it into the fridge for a couple of hours (recommended)
10) take the tray out from the fridge, remove food foil, and cover the tray with aluminum foil
11) put the tray in the oven at about 170/340 F for about 45-60 minutes
12) take the tray out from the oven, remove the aluminum foil, then put the tray back in the oven at 200 C/390 F and roast Boston butt until golden brown, flip meat chunks 1-2 times to roast evenly (about 30 minutes)
13) stop the fire and leave the tray in the oven for 15-30 minutes for the roast to rest and absorb juices in
14) take the tray out from the oven and pull pieces from roast chunks as desired
Boston butt, called in some regions pork neck or pork collar, is one of my favorite pork cuts when I make pulled pork in the oven.
Slow-cooked pork in the oven is very tender and juicy due to the cooking method with foil.
At the same time, a roast prepared with Boston butt has a crispy crust on the outside and is very flavored due to garlic and other spices.
Cooking this easy Boston butt recipe won’t pose any difficulty to you, even if you’re not a veteran home cook. Simply said, you need to add some spices to the meat and then roast it slowly in the oven until it is so tender that you can pull pieces from the roast chunk without effort.
Along with this easy Boston butt recipe, you can serve different side dishes like mashed potatoes, buttered potatoes, fries, boiled rice, risotto, and more. Definitely, you can cook other side dishes on your choice next to this delicious and easy pulled pork recipe.
This easy pulled pork recipe is a true pleasure for all pork roast fans and beer drinkers alike. Since roast is prepared with beer, I recommend you to serve a cold beer next to the food.
Enjoy this easy Boston butt recipe!
View how to make pork kabobs!
Read more about Boston butt here.