📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Pulled Pork Recipes in the Oven: Pulled Pork with Beer
My pulled pork with beer is possibly the most delicious pulled pork recipe you’ve ever cooked at home!
➡️ Are you searching for the tastiest pulled pork recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll discover how to cook a Boston butt in the oven with beer in 14 steps. Pork neck is a less popular cut in some regions of the United States, probably because there are many who believe that this cut of pork is too fatty and affects their health. They probably don’t know that the excess fat melts during cooking and, in fact, keeps the meat tender and juicy.
➡️ Those with Central European roots like me know that Boston butt is one of the best parts of pork for roasting, so they often cook it both sliced on the grill and whole in the oven. There are many pulled pork recipes from which some call for marinating the meat before roasting. My easy pork butt recipe in the oven helps you cook pulled pork with Boston butt, beer marinade, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
➡️ Cooking pulled Boston butt in the oven is a very simple job and requires little work on your part even if the cooking time is long. Watch the cooking video below and learn how to make pulled pork in the oven from scratch using a yummy and easy Boston butt recipe with a boneless pork neck and beer!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Pulled Pork Neck from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make the pulled pork recipe?
1) 2 kg/70 oz of boneless pork neck (Boston butt)
2) some coarse marine salt to taste
3) a whole head of garlic or to taste
4) 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper or to taste
5) 1/2 tsp of allspice powder
6) 1 tsp of dried thyme
7) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
8) 4-6 tbsp of vegetable oil, depending on how fat the meat is
9) 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
10) 500 ml/17.5 fl oz of light beer
How to cook a pulled pork butt in the oven from scratch?
1) cut Boston butt in two parts lengthwise
2) rub meat chunks with salt to enter better inside
3) place the meat on a tray
4) peel garlic cloves off, crush or grate them finely, then place them into a bowl
5) add ground black pepper, allspice, thyme, and cumin to the bowl
6) pour vegetable oil and vinegar into the bowl, then combine the ingredients well
7) pour marinade over the meat and rub it thoroughly all over
8) pour beer into the tray
9) cover the tray with food foil and place it in the fridge for a couple of hours (recommended)
10) take the tray out from the fridge, remove the food foil, and cover the tray with aluminum foil
11) put the tray in the oven at about 170/340 F for about 45-60 minutes
12) take the tray out from the oven, remove the aluminum foil, then put the tray back in the oven at 200 C/390 F and roast Boston butt until golden brown, flip meat chunks 1-2 times to roast evenly (about 30 minutes)
13) stop the fire and leave the tray in the oven for 15-30 minutes for the roast to rest and absorb juices in
14) take the tray out from the oven and pull pieces from roast chunks as desired
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Pulled Pork Recipe with Beer
➡️ For most of you, pulled pork is an American barbecue food, made from shredded pork shoulder. Slow-smoked over wood is the traditional method, while indoor variations use a slow cooker. However, you can cook pulled pork in the oven with the same great results, and the taste is even better because of the refined flavors you can use such as wine or beer.
➡️ Boston butt, called in some regions pork neck or pork collar, is one of my favorite pork cuts when I make pulled pork in the oven. My slow-cooked pork neck in the oven is very tender and juicy due to the cooking method with foil. At the same time, a roast prepared with Boston butt has a crispy crust on the outside and is very flavored due to garlic and other spices.
➡️ Cooking this pulled pork recipe won’t pose any difficulty to you, even if you’re not a veteran home cook. Simply said, you need to add some spices to the meat and then roast it slowly in the oven until it is so tender that you can pull pieces from the roast chunk without effort.
➡️ Along with this Boston butt recipe, you can serve different side dishes like mashed potatoes, buttered potatoes, fries, boiled rice, risotto, and more. Definitely, you can cook other side dishes of your choice next to this delicious and easy pulled pork recipe.
➡️ This pulled pork recipe is a true pleasure for all pork roast fans and beer drinkers alike. Since the roast is prepared with beer, I recommend you serve a cold beer next to the food.
➡️ Enjoy cooking pulled pork neck recipes from scratch! For additional info, read more on pulled pork!
Related Pulled Pork Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by