Easy coleslaw recipe to prepare a healthy vegetable salad with raw red cabbage, carrots, arugula, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY the raw red cabbage salad recipe! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) remove withered outer leaves, then cut cabbage in two parts lengthwise through the middle of the stub
2) remove stub from both halves, then wedge cabbage by knife into very thin strips or shred it by hand or by kitchen robot
3) season cabbage with salt and ground pepper to taste, then pour some olive oil and sesame oil (optional)
4) combine ingredients well to coat cabbage wedges with oil and spices
5) add vinegar and mix again
6) add arugula leaves and mix
7) peel carrots off, then grate them over salad and combine ingredients thoroughly
There are many types of vegetable salad that I like but, probably, some that I make most often feature cabbage. Cabbage belongs to my favorite veggies, so I use it to cook all kinds of foods and to make a salad. I like both raw white and red cabbage, but also Kale or Savoy cabbage.
Raw carrots, red cabbage, and arugula are some of the tastiest vegetables that I use to make coleslaw.
There are a lot of flavors in this raw red cabbage salad like fresh vegetables, olive oil, sesame oil, and black pepper.
As a result, you’ll feel an explosion of aroma immediately as you taste this mixed vegetable salad.
Besides its delicious taste, the salad is very healthy both due to vitamins from fresh vegetables and due to monounsaturated fats from olive oil. Not to forget about omega-6 essential fats and antioxidants such as phenolic flavonoids from sesame oil!
This vegetable salad recipe can be prepared with white cabbage as well, but I still prefer to use raw red cabbage because it’s crunchier and more flavored than white cabbage.
However, both versions are very good and won’t disappoint your family and friends.
The use of sesame oil is, of course, not mandatory. I still recommend trying it, at least once, because this vegetable oil type is very healthy and full of exotic aroma. Therefore, the salad will be more refined and richer in flavors!
Raw carrot and red cabbage salad recipe with arugula can be served plain when it’s very hot to enjoy a nourishing and healthy meal.
It is also a great option when you’re on a diet because this salad will make you believe you’re eating something sophisticated and consistent.
Needless to say, the raw red cabbage salad is a very good choice when you want to serve some fried meat dish.
Read more about the coleslaw origins here.