📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Homemade Pilaf Recipes at Home: Stovetop Rice Pilaf
Possibly the most delicious rice pilaf recipe you’ve ever cooked!
➡️ Are you searching for easy stovetop rice pilaf recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll discover how to make vegetarian rice pilaf in 5 steps!
➡️ My easy pilaf recipe helps you cook a vegetarian pilaf on the stovetop with simple and tasty ingredients like white or brown rice.
➡️ Watch the cooking video below and learn more about how to make a stovetop rice pilaf using a yummy and easy vegetarian pilaf recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Rice Pilaf from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make a stovetop rice pilaf?
1) 9 tbsp of rice (white rice or brown rice)
2) salt and ground black pepper to taste (you can also season the pilaf with dehydrated vegetables)
3) 1 tbsp of sunflower oil or another type of vegetable oil with a neutral taste such as palm oil
4) fresh parsley leaves to taste, chopped (optional)
How to make a rice pilaf recipe from scratch?
1) place rice in a pot, then pour water just to cover the rice with about 1 finger
2) season with salt and ground pepper to taste, then pour a bit of vegetable oil
3) place the pot on the stovetop over medium-low temperature and wait for the water to start boiling, stir the rice from time to time, and add more lukewarm water in low amounts if necessary
4) when rice is soft and the water very low, stop the fire, add chopped parsley leaves to taste, mix ingredients, cover the pot with a lid and wait 15 minutes until the pilaf gets fluffy from the steam accumulating in the pot
5) remove the lid, mix pilaf, and serve the dish so long it’s warm
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Homemade Rice Pilaf Recipe
➡️ Pilaf is one of the most popular food recipes in some parts of the world such as Asia and Africa. However, today pilaf becomes well-known in the entire world.
➡️ Stovetop pilaf is a very easy pilaf recipe but, despite its simplicity, it’s very tasty and matches very well almost any main dish that contains fried meat.
➡️ There are many people who make confused pilaf and risotto. Pilaf is made of rice boiled in water, while risotto is made of rice boiled in chicken or beef broth and includes mandatory cheese. More information about what is rice pilaf is available at the top of the page.
➡️ Both pilaf and risotto might contain other ingredients such as vegetables (mushroom, pea, tomato, bell pepper, zucchini, eggplant) and/or meat (most often chicken, pork, or lamb, rarely beef because it needs much more time for softening).
➡️ Vegetarian rice pilaf can be served plain or as a side dish along with roast chicken, pork steak, lamb kabobs, and many more.
➡️ Mastering the art of cooking rice pilaf offers a delightful culinary journey. With its aromatic blend of ingredients and textures, a well-prepared rice pilaf stands as a testament to the harmony achievable in a single dish. Variations of rice pilaf offer an exciting array of flavors and textures that cater to diverse tastes and preferences. From the rich and robust to the light and refreshing, there’s a variation to suit every occasion. Incorporating a medley of vegetables such as peas, carrots, and bell peppers adds color and nutrients, while the infusion of aromatic spices like saffron, cumin, or cardamom brings an exotic twist.
➡️ For a protein-packed version, tender morsels of chicken, shrimp, or even toasted nuts can elevate the dish to a main course. Furthermore, experimenting with different types of rice, such as basmati or jasmine, can lend distinct qualities to the pilaf, from the fragrant to the fluffy. Enjoy cooking rice pilaf recipes from scratch! For additional info, read more on pilaf!
Related Rice Pilaf Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by