Homemade yeast bread recipe to prepare the best sweet dough with tasty ingredients to enjoy a fluffy bread loaf and more naturally leavened cakes.
Learn in this video how to make a sweet leavened dough at home by using a classic dough recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY sweet leavened dough from scratch! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 70 ml/2.5 fl oz of lukewarm cow milk
2) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
3) 25 g/1 oz of fresh yeast
4) a pinch of salt
5) 1/4 tbsp + 100 g/3.5 oz of granulated sugar
6) 1 tbsp + 600 g/21 oz of all-purpose flour (you need a few tablespoons of extra flour for the working surface)
7) grated zest from a lemon
8) 125 g/4.5 oz of butter at room temperature
9) 120 g/4 oz of sour cream
10) 4 egg yolks
11) 50 ml/1.7 fl oz of warmish water
1) place in a pot the milk, vanilla extract, yeast, some salt, 1/4 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of flour, then mix ingredients to combine well
2) add lemon zest, then cover the pot and wait about 10 minutes to activate the yeast
3) place in a large bowl 600 g/21 oz of flour, 100 g/3.5 oz of sugar, and the butter
4) add to the bowl sour cream, egg yolks. and milk with activated yeast, then combine ingredients by hand until smooth
5) while kneading dough add some warmish water, then continue until you get a fine dough
6) when the dough is elastic and isn’t sticky anymore, sprinkle over it some flour, cover the bowl and place it into a warm place, then wait about 1 hour to leaven
7) use this dough to prepare different homemade cakes that require naturally leavened dough such as walnut roll and many more
There are a lot of traditional cake recipes with naturally leavened dough. Many of them are traditional recipes prepared in a classic way.
Dough with natural leavening, known also as fermented dough, is used all over the world for centuries to make different homemade cake recipes that require leavened dough.
There are available many dough recipes that use yeast as a leavening agent. I present on this page a dough recipe that I use often to make various cakes such as walnut roll, poppy seed roll, and many, many more.
You can read more about different naturally leavened dough types here.