📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Tart Dough Recipes for Sweet Tarts: French Tart Crust
My French tart dough recipe is possibly the most delicious tart crust recipe you’ve ever baked!
➡️ Are you looking for classic homemade tart crust recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll discover how to make tart dough for sweet tarts in 11 steps at home in the French style.
➡️ My easy tart base recipe helps you prepare dough for sweet tarts with simple and tasty ingredients.
➡️ Learn below how to make a tart dough in the French style using a yummy and easy tart crust recipe from scratch!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Tart Crust from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make the tart crust recipe?
1) 300 g/10.5 oz of cake flour
2) 120 g/4.2 oz of sugar
3) 160 g/5.6 oz of butter at room temperature
4) 8-10 tbsp of very cold water
How to make tart dough from scratch?
1) put the flour into a large bowl
2) add sugar, then combine the ingredients
3) add butter, then combine ingredients by hand
4) add cold water, then knead the dough by hand until smooth
5) wrap the tart dough with foil, then put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
6) sprinkle some flour over a foil piece, then spread the dough into a sheet the size of the baking mold you are going to use
7) put the tart crust in the baking mold
8) cut excess dough on the edge
9) make some holes with a fork to get the steam out during baking, put some beans or another weight over the crust, then put the mold in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F
10) bake the tart base until it hardens and becomes golden (about 20-25 minutes)
11) wait to cool the crust, then make a filling to your taste, place it into the base and bake the tart
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Tart Crust Recipe for Sweet Tarts
➡️ French tart dough is one of the basic things you should know when you make cakes at home. This is a recipe that you absolutely must know because there are available lots of delicious sweet-tart recipes with or without fresh fruits and it would be disappointing not to know how to prepare them at home…
➡️ The recipe I share is based on the classic French tart dough recipe used even today for baking sweet tarts. After you bake it, you can fill the tart base with vanilla custard, chocolate cream, or caramel cream, then top the tart with various fruit combinations, and so on. I like any of these variations and many more that I prepare during summertime when lots of ripe fruits are available in the market.
➡️ Nevertheless, you might bake fruit tarts during winter as well since you can top them with canned or frozen fruits. I store various fruits in the freezer and use them for sweet tarts and many more homemade cake recipes. Besides various homemade custards that you might use when baking tarts, today are available ready-made cake fillings that you have just to boil or dissolve and fill up.
➡️ You may be a little confused due to the versatility of this tart crust recipe, but there really isn’t a single combination of cream and fruit, on the contrary, you can use any fruit and cream you like or have at hand! However, there is one thing you need to do the same! In order to get the best results, there is VERY IMPORTANT to use VERY COLD water because this will help you make a PERFECT tart base!
➡️ Actually, this easy tart crust recipe enables you to make a very crunchy tart shell in a very easy way. Enjoy the sweet-tart dough recipe and the homemade tarts prepared with it!
➡️ Enjoy baking tart crust recipes from scratch! For additional info, read more on tart!
Related Tart Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by