Cold eggplant salad recipes – how to make roasted eggplant salad with yogurt and garlic. Easy salad appetizer recipe to make a cold eggplant dip with yogurt and garlic in Turkish style.
View this video about how to make roasted eggplant salad with yogurt by using the very best Turkish eggplant dip recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade salad appetizer recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1.5 kg /50 oz of eggplant
2) salt and ground black pepper
3) 3-5 garlic cloves or to taste
4) 2-4 tbsp of yogurt (at least 10% fat)
5) fresh mint, dill or parsley leaves to taste (recommended)
1) roast eggplants and peel them off after cooling
2) finely chop roasted eggplant by knife just like in the video (recommended to get a firm salad texture, if you want to get a fine paste just chop eggplant by kitchen robot)
3) season eggplant with salt and pepper to taste
4) finely chop or grate the garlic and add it over eggplants
5) add yogurt, the quantity depends on how juicy is the chopped eggplant, then mix ingredients well (the final texture has to be like a slightly viscous paste)
6) finely chop greenery to taste, place it into the bowl, then combine ingredients well
7) place the salad in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving (recommended)
Despite its simplicity, the eggplant dip is very tasty and liked by almost all the people who taste it. In India is available a more spicy and flavored version, called baba ganoush.
There are many people who name this roasted eggplant dip with yogurt “Turkish eggplant salad”, even if almost the same recipe is used in Greece, Lebanon, and other Eastern and Southern Mediterranean countries.
Some of these recipes include fresh lemon juice, others contain some crushed walnut core or pine seeds.
The roasted eggplant salad with yogurt can be served plain just with bread, as an open sandwich, or can be used for different salad appetizers or cold appetizers such as stuffed tomatoes, stuffed bell peppers, ham rolls, and so on.
Yes, more eggplant dip recipes are available below:
View how to make roasted eggplant dip with mayonnaise!
View how to make roasted eggplant dip with bell peppers!
You can read more about eggplant salads and appetizers here.