Crispy chicken wing recipes – how to make extra crispy chicken wings on the coal grill or in the oven at home.
Easy grilled chicken wings recipe to cook crispy wings with simple and tasty ingredients such as garlic, olive oil, and aromatic herbs.
Learn in this video how to make extra crispy chicken wings by using a tasty and easy BBQ chicken wings recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade barbecue wings recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 3 kg / 100 oz of chicken wings
2) 10 garlic cloves or to taste
3) 3 tbsp of salted red pepper paste or salt to taste
4) ground black pepper to taste
5) 2 tbsp of olive oil
6) 1 tbsp of rosemary leaves or 1 tsp of dried rosemary
7) 1 tbsp of tarragon leaves or 1 tsp of dried tarragon
1) unpack chicken wings, wash them well, drain the water, and cut their ends (cutting the ends is not mandatory but recommended because they aren’t meaty and burn out easily on the coal grill)
2) peel garlic cloves off, crush or chop them finely, then place them into a bowl
3) add salted pepper paste or fine salt to the bowl
4) add ground black pepper to the bowl
5) add olive oil to the bowl
6) chop and add rosemary leaves to the bowl or use dried rosemary
7) chop and add tarragon leaves to the bowl or use dried tarragon
8) mix marinade ingredients very well until you get a smooth paste
9) coat chicken wings all over with the previously prepared marinade
10) place chicken wings into the fridge for a couple of hours (recommended)
11) take chicken wings out from the fridge and grill them on the gas or coal grill on both sides until golden brown
Chicken wings are some of my favorite chicken cuts when it comes to preparing chicken recipes. There are many ways in which I cook chicken wings and grilling them is by far the cooking method that I like at most.
Of course, I have several marinade recipes that I use to add flavor to grilled chicken. Most of them include fresh aromatic herbs, but I use dried spices as well when I don’t have at hand green leaves.
Rosemary and tarragon are two of my favorite aromatic plants when I make grilled chicken because they fit excellently with this type of meat. As a result, I recommend you to use them when you cook chicken, not just for grilling but also for roasting.
Garlic is another ingredient that I use to flavor chicken. It has a strong aroma that combines very well with chicken and herbs, creating together the fantastic taste of the barbecue wings that I cook frequently because I like them much.
As I mentioned above, I recommend to remove the end of the chicken wings because that part doesn’t contain much meat. Plus, the ends burn out easily and will have a bitter taste.
When it comes to grilling, I prefer to use the coal barbecue because of the added smoky taste. Of course, you might use a gas grill if you like or you could even roast chicken wings in the oven if you don’t have a grill at hand or the weather is cold or rainy.
Eating extra crispy chicken wings is a real pleasure. Most often, I like extra crispy chicken wings plain or combined with various dips such as cold garlic dipping sauce, cold mustard sauce, Greek tzatziki sauce, cold dill yogurt sauce, and so on.
Read more about barbecue chicken here.