📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Family Pizza for Dinner
My family pizza is one of the tastiest homemade pizza recipes you have ever made!
➡️ So, you want to have a family pizza with your kids and you want it to be as tasty as possible. In other words, you want your kids to enjoy it, but you also want to be a good parent and feed them healthy foods. How to solve this dilemma?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
Quick and Tasty Family Pizza Recipe
Authentic Italian Pizza Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of true Italian pizza, look no further than the “How to Make Italian Pizza” cookbook.
Family Pizza for Dinner
For the dough
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
For the toppings
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled or sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned mushrooms, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add in the warm water and olive oil and stir until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large bowl that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a clean dish towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes, until it has doubled in size.
- While the dough is rising, make the sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the crushed tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, basil, and oregano. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out into a circle or rectangle shape, depending on the shape of your baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the crust, leaving a small border around the edges. Add the toppings, starting with the cooked Italian sausage, then the pepperoni, black olives, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Use a pizza stone if possible to achieve a crispy crust.
- Precook any raw toppings like the sausage to ensure they are fully cooked on the pizza.
- If you don’t have time to make the dough from scratch, store-bought pizza dough or a pre-made crust can be used instead.
- Don’t overload the pizza with too many toppings, as it can become soggy and difficult to eat.
- Sprinkle the top of the pizza with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil before baking for extra flavor.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Making Family Pizza at Home is a Breeze!
➡️ Family pizza nights are great alternatives to simple weeknight dinners. Maybe you don’t have time to cook something more complicated or maybe the kids are craving pizza for a while…Here’s your chance to make something quick, tasty, and, why not, healthy.
➡️ Family pizza nights enable you to enjoy precious moments with your kids and beloved ones! If you need additional info, read more on pizza!
➡️ To enjoy lots of authentic Italian recipes, I recommend you my cookbook How to Make Italian Pizza: Authentic Recipes and Modern Versions.
➡️ I’ve listed below some of the homemade pizza recipes I make usually for family pizza dinners including Bolognese pizza, Sicilian pizza, Hawaiian pizza, ham pizza, salami pizza, sausage pizza, and so on.
FAQ’s for the Family Pizza Recipe
What is the best way to make pizza dough?
The best way to make pizza dough is to combine flour, yeast, salt, and water in a large mixing bowl. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for 1-2 hours.
How do you make pizza sauce from scratch?
To make pizza sauce from scratch, combine canned tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
What are some popular pizza toppings?
Some popular pizza toppings include ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, and olives.
Related Family Pizza Recipes and Culinary Articles
Featured Online Wine Delivery from the Best Online Wine Shops
Do you want to change your life in depth?
📖 Cooking article by