Easy praline recipes – how to make pralines at home. French caramelized praline recipe to prepare a topping, cake decoration or a yummy dessert with simple ingredients like peanuts and caramelized sugar.
Learn in this video how to make caramelized pralines by using a tasty and easy praline recipe.
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 300 g / 10 oz raw, unsalted almonds, peanuts or hazelnut
2) 400 g/ 14 oz of granulated sugar
3) 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz of water
1) coat a tray with baking paper, then place inside peanuts in a uniform layer (if you use ready-roasted peanuts, go straight to step 4)
2) put the tray in the oven and roast the peanuts at maximum temperature until golden (about 15-20 minutes)
3) take the tray out from the oven
4) put sugar in a saucepan, then pour water into it and mix ingredients
5) put the pan on the stove at maximum temperature and wait for the sugar to caramelize (DO NOT mix the ingredients anymore!), it takes about 3-5 minutes
6) when sugar is no longer foamy and is fluid and golden, carefully pour over it the roasted peanuts in a uniform layer
7) wait for the caramelized sugar to harden and pralines to cool to room temperature
8) break praline block into pieces of the desired size and use them as a dessert or to garnish homemade cakes
Pralines are delicacies invented in France to create refined cakes and desserts.
The classic, original praline recipe contains only almonds, peanuts or hazelnut, and caramelized sugar. Starting from the authentic version, two new types of pralines are known today – Belgian pralines, which instead of caramelized sugar are made with chocolate, and American pralines, which contain pecans and milk or cream.
Caramelized pralines are used for two purposes. One is to garnish different types of homemade cakes. In this situation, pralines are chopped manually or with the kitchen robot in pieces of the desired size (see the chocolate cake recipe with pralines and truffles and the orange pumpkin cake recipe).
The second goal is to prepare a fast and delicious dessert. In this case, immediately after cooling, break larger pieces of praline from the block and serve them simply in this way. Another possibility is to pour caramel directly into various forms or make lollipops.
The preparation of caramelized pralines does not pose particular problems nor for those who don’t have much experience in making cakes.
There are two important things to remember: one, do not mix ingredients while caramelizing the sugar because the mixture becomes watery and two, be very careful when pouring caramel over peanuts because it’s very hot and can cause severe burns!
Enjoy the French caramelized pralines!
Read more about pralines here!