Easy praline recipes – how to make caramelized pralines in 8 steps at home.
Classic French caramelized praline recipe to prepare a topping, cake decoration, or a yummy dessert with simple ingredients like peanuts and caramelized sugar.
Learn in this baking video how to make caramelized pralines using a tasty and easy praline recipe.
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY French desserts! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 300 g/10 oz raw, unsalted almonds, peanuts, or hazelnut
2) 400 g/14 oz of granulated sugar
3) 50 ml/1.7 fl oz of water
1) line a tray with baking paper, then place inside peanuts in a uniform layer (if you’re using ready-roasted peanuts, go straight to step 4)
2) put the tray in the oven and roast the peanuts at maximum temperature until golden (about 15-20 minutes)
3) take the tray out from the oven
4) put sugar in a saucepan, then pour water into it and mix ingredients
5) put the pan on the stove at maximum temperature and wait for the sugar to caramelize (DO NOT mix the ingredients anymore!), it takes about 3-5 minutes
6) when sugar is no longer foamy and is fluid and golden, carefully pour over it the roasted peanuts in a uniform layer
7) wait for the caramelized sugar to harden and pralines to cool to room temperature
8) break praline block into pieces of the desired size and use them as a dessert or to garnish homemade cakes
Pralines are delicacies invented in France to create refined cakes and desserts.
The classic, original praline recipe contains only almonds, peanuts or hazelnut, and caramelized sugar. Starting from the authentic version, two new types of pralines are known today – Belgian pralines, which instead of caramelized sugar are made with chocolate, and American pralines, which contain pecans and milk or cream.
Caramelized pralines are used for two purposes. One is to garnish different types of homemade cakes. In this situation, pralines are chopped manually or with the kitchen robot in pieces of the desired size (see the chocolate cake recipe with pralines and truffles and the orange pumpkin cake recipe).
The second goal is to prepare a fast and delicious dessert. In this case, immediately after cooling, break larger pieces of praline from the block and serve them simply in this way. Another possibility is to pour caramel directly into various forms or make lollipops.
The preparation of caramelized pralines does not pose particular problems nor for those who don’t have much experience in making cakes.
There are two important things to remember: one, do not mix ingredients while caramelizing the sugar because the mixture becomes watery and two, be very careful when pouring caramel over peanuts because it’s very hot and can cause severe burns!
Caramelized hazelnuts are very tasty, but hazelnut is also very healthy food. Read below some of the most important benefits for health offered by hazelnuts.
A powerful antioxidant, hazelnut is an ideal source of protein for vegetarians, especially if you are on the weight loss journey. 100 grams of these rustic brown-hued nut offers 15 g of protein, fulfilling more than 30% of the daily requirement. It is also a rich source of healthy fats, free of cholesterol and sodium, meeting 93% of your daily fat requirements.
One cup of hazelnuts offers about 86% of the daily Vitamin E requirement. It also contains Vitamin A and Vitamin C, two powerful antioxidants. A synergistic effect of these vitamins prevents the onset of fine lines and wrinkles on your skin, thus delaying the early onset of aging signs.30 Wonderful Benefits Of Hazelnuts For Skin, Hair And Health (https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/wonderful-benefits-of-hazelnuts-for-skin-hair-and-health/)
Enjoy the French caramelized pralines!
Read more about pralines here!