Easy apple cake recipe to make an old-fashioned cake with fresh apples and more simple and tasty ingredients.
You can learn in this video how to make an easy apple cake by using an old-fashioned fresh apple cake recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 4 eggs
2) 200 g/7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 75 g/2.5 oz of melted butter
4) 300 g/11 oz of all-purpose flour
5) 200 ml/7 fl oz of cold cow milk
6) 1/2 tsp of crushed cloves
7) 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
8) 10 g/0.35 oz of baking powder
9) grated zest from a lemon
10) fresh juice from a lemon
11) 1 kg/35 oz of sweet apples
12) some powdered sugar
1) break eggs into a bowl, then add over granulated sugar and melted butter and combine ingredients by mixer
2) add flour into the bowl, mix
3) add milk, mix
4) add crushed cloves, cardamom powder, baking powder, and grated zest from a lemon, combine ingredients, then cover the bowl with foil and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes
5) peel apples off, remove the stub and seeds, then cut 2 apples into thin slices
6) add fresh lemon juice over the sliced apples to avoid getting brown, combine well to coat all slices
7) cut the rest of the apples into small cubes, then put them into the dough and mix well
8) flour a baking mold, then pour the dough inside into a uniform layer
9) place apple slices over the dough layer into a circular shape (recommended)
10) put the baking mold in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F for 40-50 minutes or until the fresh apple cake is golden brown on top
11) take the mold out from the oven and wait until the cake is cold
12) sprinkle powdered sugar in abundance over this old fashioned apple cake
13) sprinkle over some crushed cloves for more flavor (optional)
Apple cake recipes belong to the most popular homemade cake recipes in any part of the world where you can find apples.
As a result, there is not surprising that are available lots of recipes including this fruit.
This old-fashioned cake is really easy to make, requires few ingredients and a short baking time, and offers a delicious taste filled with exotic flavors.
I like to make this cake with cloves and cardamon aroma, but you can replace these spices with cinnamon if you like more its taste.
Because this cake features butter, it will remain soft for at least 2-3 days. However, there are few chances to have the cake for so long time. Everyone loves it and, therefore, the cake will disappear very quickly!
This dessert is actually a loaf cake prepared with fresh apples. Therefore, you have the chance to enjoy both cake types in a single bake – fluffy loaf cake and savory apple cake.
This cake can be prepared with any apple type, but I recommend choosing a sweeter apple sort, the cake will taste better.
However, this depends on your individual taste because there are people who like a sweet-sour taste instead of a very sweet feeling.
There is important to make two things with the apples to get the best results when preparing this old fashioned apple cake:
1) to slice very thinly apples from the cake top
2) to cut into very small cubes apples that you add to the dough
The cake can be served plain or along with tea or coffee. It also tastes delicious along with milk. Enjoy it!
Apple cake is a popular dessert produced with the main ingredient of apples. Such a cake is made through the process of slicing this sweet fruit to add fragrance to a plain cake base. Traditional apple cakes go a step further by including various spices such as nutmeg or cinnamon, which give a unique flavor. Upon the addition of spices the batter can also be accompanied by crushed nuts, the most popular being walnuts and almonds.
Dorset apple cake, Devon apple cake and Somerset apple cake are traditional forms of this cake, respectively from Dorset, Devon and Somerset, England. They may include apple juices local to these counties as part of their recipes, but are not necessary.
Apples are also used in other cakes, including chocolate cake, where their water-retention can help a normally-dry cake to stay moist. In this case they may be either dried or fresh.Apple cake (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cake)
Apples are one of the most popular fruits — and for good reason. They’re an exceptionally healthy fruit with many research-backed benefits.
1. Apples Are Nutritious
Apples are a good source of fiber and vitamin C. They also contain polyphenols, which may have numerous health benefits.
2. Apples May Be Good for Weight Loss
Apples are high in fiber and water — two qualities that make them filling.
In one study, people who ate apple slices before a meal felt fuller than those who consumed applesauce, apple juice, or no apple products.
In the same study, those who started their meal with apple slices also ate an average of 200 fewer calories than those who didn’t.
Apples may aid weight loss in several ways. They’re also particularly filling due to their high fiber content.
3. Apples May Be Good for Your Heart
Apples have been linked to a lower risk of heart disease.
One reason may be that apples contain soluble fiber — the kind that can help lower your blood cholesterol levels.
They also contain polyphenols, which have antioxidant effects. Many of these are concentrated in the peel.
One of these polyphenols is the flavonoid epicatechin, which may lower blood pressure.
Apples promote heart health in several ways. They’re high in soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol. They also have polyphenols, which are linked to lower blood pressure and stroke risk.10 Impressive Health Benefits of Apples (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-health-benefits-of-apples)