5 PRO Tips for the Fresh Cherry Pie Recipe
- I recommend using black cherries if you have them at your disposal because they are very sweet, but you still can replace them with other cherry types including sour cherries (you need to add more sugar in this case!)
- prepare traditional shortcrust pastry dough with lard or butter for the best results (see my recipe above)
- you can replace cinnamon with cloves or cardamom if you don’t like it
- I recommend using brown sugar for a slight caramel taste that combines very well with the black cherries flavor
- avoid slicing up or sprinkling powdered sugar over the cherry pie until it isn’t completely cold – this will completely ruin the pie!
➡️ Enjoy the fresh cherry pie recipe from scratch! For additional info, read more on pie!