Roasted pork ham recipes – how to make fresh ham roast in the oven. Easy roasted pork ham recipe to learn how to cook a fresh ham in the oven with a marinade prepared with simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make fresh pork ham roast in the oven by using a simple and delicious pork roast recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1.5 kg / 53 oz of fresh pork ham with fat and skin, sliced
2) garlic, to taste (1 head)
3) salt or salt red pepper paste to taste (1/2 tsp)
4) 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil for the marinade + 1-2 tbsp for roasting (optional)
5) ground black pepper to taste (1/2 tsp)
6) 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
7) 1/2 dried thyme
8) 200 ml / 7 fl oz of water
1) place fresh pork ham on a tray
2) make marinade – chop or crush the garlic, add salt, 1-2 tbsp of oil, ground pepper, cumin, thyme, then combine well ingredients
3) put marinade over ham, then rub well the meat on both sides
4) cover the ham and put it into the fridge for a couple of hours (recommended for better flavoring)
5) pour some water into the tray and a little oil over the meat (optional)
6) put the tray into the oven and fry the ham at about 180 C / 360 F until it’s golden brown, flip it 1-2 times to roast evenly
7) stop the heat and let the fresh ham roast to rest for about 30 minutes before serving (recommended)
Many people don’t consider cooking fresh pork ham when thinking about the most appetizing pork recipes. This is, probably, because they don’t know how to cook fresh pork ham to get tender and tasty roast!
Fresh ham roast in the oven is very tender because of the low temperature used for cooking. Plus, it’s very flavored due to the used spices. Furthermore, the recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require advanced cooking skills.
Instead of water, you can use white wine when frying the ham in the oven for a more refined taste.
If the ham slice is thick, I recommend to cover the tray with foil and fry the ham in this way about an hour, then remove the foil and continue as described previously. So, the roast will be very tender and juicy.
When it comes to drinks, a dry or half-dry white or a cold beer match at best this pork roast in the oven.
Enjoy the fresh pork roast in the oven!
Read more about different pork cuts here.