Easy strawberry cake filling recipe to bake a homemade cake with simple and tasty ingredients such as fresh strawberries.
Learn in this video how to make a strawberry cream cake by using a yummy and easy filling recipe for a cake with strawberries!
SUPER YUMMY fresh strawberry cake recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY this delicious fresh strawberry cake recipe from scratch! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) some caster sugar
1) remove leaves if necessary and chop strawberries by knife into smaller pieces
2) place 250 g/9 oz of chopped strawberries into a pot, add over them granulated sugar, and stir ingredients
3) place the pot on the stovetop and simmer ingredients over low temperature to avoid forming foam, mix ingredients from time to time
4) take the pot off the stove when strawberries are soft and the juice lowered
5) chop strawberries by vertical blender, then wait to cool to room temperature
6) place vanilla pudding powder into a bowl, add over the milk gradually while mixing ingredients by hand until smooth
7) pour milk with pudding over strawberries and combine ingredients by hand
8) place the pot on the stovetop and boil ingredients over medium temperature until thick, stir ingredients continuously to avoid sticking and burning
9) take the pot off the stove, cover the cream filling, and wait to cool to room temperature
10) meanwhile, place soft butter into a bowl, add over powdered sugar, and mix ingredients by rubbing them by hand until very smooth
11) stir strawberry cream by mixer until you get a creamy consistency
12) add gradually strawberry cream into the sweetened butter bowl while combining ingredients by mixer, continue until you get a smooth cream filling
13) break eggs and separate the yolks and whites, then place yolks into a bowl, add sugar, and combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
14) add vanilla essence and mix ingredients again
15) place egg whites into another bowl, add a pinch of salt, and whip ingredients until hard
16) add gradually mixture from the first bowl over egg whites while blending slowly ingredients by hand
17) sieve the flour into the bowl
18) line a tray with baking paper, then spread the dough into a layer
19) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F, bake the dough until the sponge cake is golden on top, then take the tray out from the stove and take the sponge cake out from the tray together with the baking paper
20) sprinkle caster sugar over sponge cake as evenly as possible, then roll tightly the sponge cake together with the paper and wait about 30 minutes to cool the cake to room temperature
21) unpack the roll carefully to avoid breaking it
22) spread the strawberry cake filling over the sponge cake into a layer
23) spread the rest of the chopped strawberries all over the cream filling
24) roll the sponge cake together with the filling and, at the same time, detach the baking paper from the sponge
25) pack tightly the Swiss roll into aluminum foil and place it into the fridge for at least 1 hour to harden the filling well
26) take the cake out from the fridge, unpack it, place it on a platter, and cut the ends off to remain straight
27) sprinkle caster sugar abundantly over the fresh strawberry cake
28) cut the strawberry cream cake off into slices of the desired size
Yes, you can replace fruit in this strawberry cream cake and use some similar fruits such as raspberries.
Swiss roll is one of the classic homemade cake recipes that I like to fill with fresh fruits and especially with strawberries. So, when spring approaches, I make a fresh strawberry cake at least once but usually more times along this time frame.
As you probably know, many Swiss roll recipes feature vanilla custard filling and some are garnished with fresh fruit on top. My homemade strawberry cake recipe is actually a Swiss roll cake recipe because it features a strawberry cream filling rolled together with a sponge cake layer! For this reason, it’s a unique strawberry Swiss roll recipe that is worth trying at least once!
Making this strawberry cream cake recipe is really easy and won’t take you much time even if you’re not experienced in baking cakes at home.
Furthermore, when you don’t have much time at disposal, you can buy the sponge cake from the store and prepare at home just the filling and garnish the strawberry cream cake. In this case, you can skip the steps from 13 to 22 and save some time when you make this fresh strawberry cake recipe.
This strawberry cream cake or strawberry Swiss roll looks good and is simply delicious! Many times I have to double ingredients when I make this fresh strawberry cake recipe because my family and friends enjoy this cake very much, so the cake slices disappear very fast from the platter!
If you’re asking how long can you store it, this strawberry cream cake can be kept 1-2 days in the fridge before serving. As a result, you have the chance to make the fresh strawberry cake recipe in advance when you’re expecting some friends or organize a family event at home.
Enjoy fresh strawberry cake recipe!