Fresh strawberry cake recipes – how to make a fresh strawberry cake or cremeschnitte with French vanilla custard. Homemade cake recipe to prepare cremeschnitte with simple and tasty ingredients like vanilla custard and fresh strawberries.
Learn in this video how to make a fresh strawberry cake by using a homemade cremeschnitte recipe with French vanilla custard and fresh strawberries!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 500 g/ 18 oz of fresh strawberries
2) 300 g / 10 oz + 150 g / 5.5 oz of granulated sugar
3) 120 g / 4.5 oz of vanilla pudding powder
4) 1 l / 34 fl oz of cow milk
5) 300 ml / 10 fl oz of sweet whipped cream
6) 150 g / 5.5 oz of butter at room temperature, cubed
7) 350 g / 12 oz of creamy cow cheese / cottage cheese / mascarpone
8) 10 g / 0.35 oz of gelatin
9) 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz of cold water
10) 600 g / 21 oz of cremeschnitte pastry (3 sheets of 40×20 cm / 15×7.5 inches)
11) caster sugar for garnishing
12) some fresh strawberries for serving (optional)
1) chop strawberries, then place them into a pot
2) add 300 g / 10 oz of sugar over strawberries and combine ingredients, then boil them over a low temperature until you get a jam-like sauce
3) wait to cool the strawberry sauce to room temperature
4) place pudding powder into a pot, add 150 g / 5.5 oz of sugar and milk, mix ingredients, then boil them as instructed on the package
5) cover the vanilla pudding with foil and wait to cool to room temperature when it’s creamy and thick
6) whip sweet cream as instructed on the package
7) after the pudding is cold, stir it by mixer until you get a creamy consistency again
8) add butter to the pudding and combine them until you get a smooth vanilla custard
9) stir cheese by mixer until it has a very creamy consistency
10) add gradually, in small quantities, boiled strawberries while mixing ingredients
11) add whipped cream, then combine ingredients gently by hand
12) dissolve gelatin in water as instructed on the package, then add it to the strawberry cream and combine by hand
13) place a foil layer over the platter, then lay over it a pastry sheet
14) spread vanilla custard filling over the pastry sheet into an even layer
15) place over the custard the second pastry sheet and press gently to fix it
16) spread strawberry cream into an even layer
17) break the third pastry sheet into very small pieces by hand or kitchen robot, then place them on the cake top evenly
18) tighten the foil over the cake to avoid flowing cream in the sides
19) place strawberry slice cake into the fridge for at least 6 hours to harden both vanilla custard and strawberry cream fillings
20) remove the foil and sprinkle over the cake caster sugar in abundance
21) cut the edges by using a very sharp knife to be straight (optional), then slice the cake up as desired
22) serve the cremeschnitte cake along with fresh strawberries (optional)
Cremeschnitte is one of the most popular cake recipes in Central and Eastern Europe.
The traditional version is made without strawberry and contains only vanilla custard filling.
The strawberry cremeschnitte is extremely tasty and, even if the preparation time is pretty long, the result is simply amazing and the strawberry cake is a true delight both for the taste buds and the eyes!
So, don’t hesitate and plan to make this homemade cake as soon as possible!
Regarding the cremeschnitte pastry for the fresh strawberry cake recipe – you can make it at home, but today everyone buys it from the bakery because of the very long preparation time.
Plus, there is no quality difference between the homemade and bought pastry sheets.
Strawberry cake recipe can be served either plain or along with fresh strawberries.
Whatever is the chosen way, the strawberry cremeschnitte is simply mesmerizing!
Enjoy this delicious strawberry cake recipe!
You can read more about cremeschnitte here.