Learn in this video how to make fried sauerkraut on the stovetop by using a yummy and easy food recipe!
SUPER YUMMY fried sour cabbage recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) cut sour cabbage head in two parts lengthwise and remove stub from both pieces
2) wedge each cabbage half as thin as possible
3) put in a pan some sunflower oil, wait to warm up, then place cabbage inside
4) fry sauerkraut over very high temperature
5) meanwhile, add cumin seeds or crushed coriander corns to taste and mix ingredients well to fry evenly
6) when cabbage turns its color to golden, add a little brown sugar and apple vinegar or balsamic vinegar (optional) for a more refined taste
7) mix ingredients and fry sour cabbage for 1-2 minutes more to absorb vinegar flavor
8) add ground black pepper to taste, mix ingredients and leave the pickled cabbage on fire for about a minute more or until cabbage turns golden
Sour cabbage is one of my favorite winter ingredients. Therefore, I cook it in every way. I make sauerkraut salad for the roast, pickled cabbage stuffed rolls, and other various recipes such as roast duck with sauerkraut in the oven or smoked sausage with baked sauerkraut.
Of course, sometimes I use sour cabbage when preparing very simple food recipes, such as fried sauerkraut on the stovetop.
In addition to being very appetizing, a fried pickled cabbage meal is very easy to cook, requires only a few simple ingredients, and is ready very quickly. Therefore, it’s a great choice when you want to prepare tasty food in a short time!
The fried sour cabbage recipe presented on this page is a basic dish that can be consumed as such by those who want to enjoy a simple food or can be combined with other ingredients such as double cream or smoked meat (smoked sausage or smoked bacon, for example) to get some more complex dishes.
Regardless of how you cook sour cabbage, sauerkraut, or pickled cabbage, the food you get is very tasty and will be appreciated by all your guests!
Enjoy fried sauerkraut recipe on the stovetop! 👌
Read more about sauerkraut here.