Learn in this video how to make a pear cake from scratch by using tasty and easy chocolate and fruit sponge cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade fruit cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 6 eggs
2) 24 tbsp of granulated sugar
3) 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
4) 24 tbsp of sunflower oil
5) 24 tbsp of cow milk
6) zest from lemon to taste (optional)
7) 24 tbsp of cake flour
8) 1 sachet of baking powder (10 g/0.35 oz)
9) 100 g/3.5 oz of baking chocolate or chocolate flakes
10) 300 g/10 oz of canned pears
11) some caster sugar for garnishing (optional)
1) break eggs, separate egg whites and yolks, then place yolks into a bowl
2) add 6 tbsp of sugar over the yolks and combine ingredients with the mixer for a couple of minutes (1-2 minutes)
3) add gradually the rest of the sugar while mixing ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved
4) add vanilla essence and 6 spoons of oil to the bowl, then mix ingredients for about 1 minute
5) add gradually the rest of the oil while mixing ingredients
6) add 6 tbsp of milk, combine ingredients, then add gradually the rest of the milk while mixing
7) grate zest from a lemon into the bowl, then combine ingredients by hand
8) add flour to the bowl and combine ingredients thoroughly by hand until you get a smooth composition
9) place egg whites into another bowl, add a pinch of salt, then whip them with the mixer until hard
10) add hardened egg white to the first bowl gradually while mixing ingredients slowly by hand from bottom to top to incorporate as much air as you can into the cake dough (this makes the cake fluffy)
11) add baking powder to the bowl
12) crush baking chocolate coarsely or unpack chocolate flakes, open the pear can, drain the syrup, chop pears into medium-sized pieces, then add both ingredients to the bowl and combine ingredients well by hand
13) line a tray with baking paper, then pour the fruit cake dough inside and level it
14) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the cake until golden on top and the core is no more sticky (30-45 minutes)
15) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool to room temperature
16) sprinkle some caster sugar over the cake (optional) and slice it up as desired
Fruit cake recipes are some of the most popular homemade cakes. This is not surprising at all since people like fruits very much. I really like fruit cakes, both fresh fruit, and dried or canned fruit.
All kinds of fruit cake recipes with exotic fruits and sophisticated ingredients are available today. Their problem is that often the fruits used are not available everywhere or the ingredients are expensive.
I offer you an old-fashioned cake recipe but with a modern spirit, namely sponge cake with pears and chocolate. Everyone has tasted and knows how to make a Victoria sponge cake. It’s very simple to bake and the ingredients are ordinary and inexpensive.
Not everyone knows that the basic recipe for vanilla sponge cake can be used for more complex homemade cakes, including those with fresh or canned fruit. The recipe on this page is one such example.
The use of chocolate is not really necessary but I still recommend you to use it because the combination of pear and chocolate is very tasty.
As for the fruits, in this recipe, I use canned pears or from the compote. If you don’t have pears at hand or you don’t like them, you can also use other canned fruits such as peaches or apricots, to name the most common ones. Canned pineapple can be used to bake an exotic-resonant fruit cake recipe.
Enjoy fruit cake recipe with pear and chocolate!
Read more about fruit cake origins here!