📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Blueberry Cake Recipes: Glazed Blueberry Loaf Cake
My blueberry glazed cake recipe is one of the most delicious blueberry loaf cake recipes you’ve ever baked at home!
➡️ Looking for easy blueberry cake recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll find out how to make glazed blueberry loaf cake in 15 steps at home. Loaf cakes are traditional cakes that are very popular in Great Britain even today. Many such recipes contain fruit and one of my favorites is with blueberries.
➡️ Those who bake classic homemade cake recipes are familiar with this type of dessert that goes perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee, but also with a glass of milk. My easy blueberry cake recipe helps you bake a healthy loaf cake with simple and tasty ingredients like fresh or frozen blueberry.
➡️ Preparing a loaf cake is simple and requires only basic ingredients that can be found in anyone’s pantry, so you can try to make it at home without fear of encountering difficulties. Just watch the cake-baking video below and learn how to make a homemade blueberry cake using a yummy and easy glazed blueberry loaf cake recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Blueberry Loaf Cake from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make a blueberry loaf cake?
1) 3 eggs
2) 125 g/4.5 oz of granulated sugar
3) 175 g/6 oz + 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour
4) grated zest from a lemon
5) 125 g/4.5 oz of butter
6) 10 g/0.35 oz of baking powder (1 sachet)
7) 250 g/9 oz of fresh or frozen blueberries
8) 100 g/3.5 oz + 200 g/7 oz of caster sugar
9) 4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
10) 2 tbsp of blueberry jam jelly (as an alternative, you can very finely chop by blender 2 tbsp of blueberry jam)
11) 4 tbsp of cow milk
How to make a blueberry loaf cake from scratch?
1) break the eggs and place them into a bowl
2) add sugar to the bowl and combine by mixer until it’s dissolved completely
3) add 175 g/6 oz of flour, grated lemon zest, melted butter, and baking powder, then mix all the ingredients
4) place blueberries into a bowl, sprinkle over a spoon of flour, and combine them
5) add blueberries to the first bowl and stir ingredients by hand
6) place two sheets of baking paper into a loaf baking mold, then pour the previously prepared dough inside
7) cover the dough with a sheet of baking paper, then place the mold into the preheated oven at 170 C/340 F for about 40 minutes
8) remove the baking paper from the top, then put back the mold into the oven and bake the loaf cake for 10 minutes or until the cake it’s golden
9) meanwhile, place 100 g/3.5 oz of caster sugar into a saucepan, add the fresh lemon juice, mix, and boil ingredients for about 1-2 minutes over high temperature to get a kind of syrup
10) take out the mold from the tray and pour over the syrup you just prepared, then wait about 3 minutes to cool the cake
11) take out the cake from the mold and wait to cool to room temperature
12) in the meantime, place the rest of the caster sugar into a bowl, add blueberry jam jelly, and combine the ingredients
13) warm the milk up, then add it to the bowl and combine the ingredients until you get a smooth paste
14) pour the paste over the blueberry loaf cake and wait a couple of minutes to harden (5-10 minutes)
15) garnish the glazed blueberry loaf cake with fresh blueberries and fresh mint leaves (optional)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Blueberry Glazed Cake Recipe
➡️ There are many types of homemade cake recipes, but the loaf cake is one of my all-time favorites. It’s a matter of personal taste, but I bring to your attention this homemade blueberry cake because it’s simply delicious!
➡️ There are so many cakes I like, so it’s hard to take just one and say it’s the best! However, the old-fashioned blueberry cake recipe that I share on this page would be a great candidate for the top spot!
➡️ The blueberry loaf cake is exceptionally tasty, very fluffy, and easy to make. The icing brings a plus refinement, so I recommend you to prepare it, even if you still can make the recipe without frosting, and replace it with some powdered sugar.
➡️ This homemade blueberry cake is perfect as a dessert after your main meal, but it’s also ideal to serve it along with tea or coffee for a snack in the afternoon or even at breakfast.
➡️ Blueberries are the perfect fruit for homemade cakes and among the most delicious and simple such cakes is blueberry loaf cake, which is an ideal dessert to serve with a cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy making blueberry loaf cake from scratch! For additional info, read more on loaf.
Related Blueberry Cake Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by