Easy mushroom recipe to cook a casserole with simple and tasty ingredients like fresh mushrooms and green beans.
Learn in this video how to make a green bean and mushroom casserole in the oven by using a yummy and easy mushroom recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of string green beans, fresh or frozen
2) 150 g/5 oz of onions
3) some sage and oregano (marjoram) leaves or other aromatic herbs to taste
4) 1 kg/35 oz of fresh mushrooms
5) salt and ground black pepper to taste
6) 2 tbsp of olive oil or sunflower oil
7) a bundle of greenery (parsley, dill, coriander, basil, sage, mint)
8) some sour cream for serving (optional)
1) rinse and cut green beans into smaller pieces if necessary, then place them on the tray
2) peel onions off and chop them finely, then add it over green beans
3) add aromatic herbs to the tray
4) pour half a glass of water into the tray
5) rinse and cut mushrooms into smaller pieces if necessary, then add them to the tray
6) season food with salt and ground black pepper to taste
7) pour some oil over vegetables
8) put the tray in the oven at 190 C/370 F and wait to bake the vegetables, mix ingredients every 10-15 minutes to cook evenly
9) the food is ready when the vegetables are soft and browned and the water in the tray is very low and turned into a sauce
10) take the tray out from the oven and sprinkle some chopped fresh greenery over vegetables
Among the many vegetable casserole recipes, one is often cooked by me, namely the baked green bean and mushroom casserole.
This food is really tasty and it turns into a lunch or dinner that satisfies any gourmand because of the many flavors it offers.
Generally speaking, cooking vegetable casserole is really easy and this recipe doesn’t make an exception from the rule. Basically, you have just to drop the vegies into the tray, season it with flavors of your choice and put the tray in the oven – that’s the whole story!
So, anyone can cook the bean and casserole recipe, especially since it requires few ingredients that are easy to obtain. If you don’t have fresh aromatic herbs you can use their dried version because the result will be equally delicious.
This meal can be served as a main dish if you want to enjoy a vegetarian lunch or dinner or can be used as a side dish next to various roast types. Roast chicken, grilled pork, baked beef – all match very well this versatile vegetable casserole.
Usually, I use to top the casserole with a spoon or two of sour cream or Greek summer. I eat the food in this way especially during summer when the high temperatures require less demanding food for digestion.
Most often I use string green bean to cook this food but you can use other bean types as well. Summertime, I use sometimes yellow beans and supplement the recipe with some chopped tomatoes for added taste and more refinement.
Whichever is the chosen version that you cook, for sure the green bean and mushroom casserole will turn into a very satisfying meal for you, your family, and your guests!
Read more about different casserole dishes here.