Cooking a chicken casserole is a very easy task and does not require much time. However, here are some tips to help you avoid common mistakes that can lead to results that don’t live up to your expectations.
- for the best results when cooking green pea chicken stew, I advise you to cut the chicken breast into medium cubes, the too-small ones will break by boiling, the too-big ones can remain raw inside
- don’t overcook onions and garlic because they become bitter
- you can use both tomato broth and tomato paste to make the sauce, adjust the amount of water depending on their consistency
- cook this recipe at a medium temperature so that the ingredients have enough time to soften
- you can replace chicken breast with skinless boneless chicken thighs, or even with lean spring lamb or lean pork
- it’s not mandatory to thicken the sauce at the end, you can leave it more liquid if you like it this way
- parsley offers more freshness and aroma to the stew, but if you don’t have it at hand, you can replace it with dill or coriander or even not use any herbs
- the green pea chicken stew can be stored very well for a few days in the refrigerator or even in the freezer
Very similar to the above recipe you can cook a chicken casserole with green beans. The only difference is the replacement of peas with frozen, canned, or fresh green beans. I assure you that this food is also very tasty and worth trying at least once!
Finally, I would like to tell you that those who do not have chicken breast at hand can replace it with chicken legs and the result is as delicious as the chicken breast version!
how to cook chicken casserole from scratch | how to cook green pea casserole from scratch | easy chicken casserole recipes | easy green pea casserole recipes | easy boneless chicken breast recipes | easy green pea recipes