📖 Table of Contents
Pork Neck BBQ Marinade Recipes: Grilled Pork Neck
My grilled pork neck recipe is one of the most delicious BBQ pork steak recipes you’ve ever made!
➡️ Searching for the tastiest BBQ grilled pork neck recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll find out how to make grilled pork steaks with a good pork marinade recipe in the Italian style in only 8 steps at home. People who like pork simply love to eat this meat grilled and I am definitely a fan of the charcoal grill. If you raise your eyebrows when you read the Italian origin of the marinade, you should know that Italians don’t only eat pasta and pizza, they also like meat a lot. And pork neck is one of their favorite cuts!
➡️ In some western countries including the United States, until recently many avoided eating one of the most delicious cuts of pork, namely pork neck, which is also known as pork shoulder because they thought it contained a lot of fat. Probably, many did not know that this fat melts and drains during roasting, especially when you prepare the meat on the grill, so the resulting pork steaks contain very little fat that makes the meat juicy and tender. My pork neck BBQ recipe helps you cook pork steaks with simple and tasty ingredients for BBQ or for frying in the oven.
➡️ As you probably already know, the preparation of grilled pork neck itself is simple, the most difficult part is finding a tasty pork neck BBQ marinade and prepping the grill so that the coals are perfectly heated when you put the meat slices to barbecue. Learn how to make grilled pork neck using an easy and good pork marinade recipe for pork steaks in the Italian style!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Grilled Pork Neck Marinade from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make grilled pork steaks?
1) 1.5 kg/50 oz of pork neck (pork shoulder)
2) 1 garlic head or to taste
3) 1 small red onion (20 g/0.7 oz) or to taste
4) 1 tbsp of sugar
5) ground black pepper to taste
6) salt or salted red pepper paste to taste
7) 25 ml/0.8 fl oz of white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
8) 50 ml/1.6 fl oz of olive oil
9) some basil and rosemary leaves to taste (you can use dried versions as well) – you need about 1 tsp of each or 1/2 tsp of each for the dried version
How to make grilled pork steaks from scratch?
1) cut pork neck into slices of about 2-3 cm/0.8-1 inch thickness
2) peel garlic cloves off and crush them
3) peel the red onion off and chop it very finely
4) put garlic and onion into a bowl, then add sugar, ground black pepper, salt, vinegar, olive oil, and chopped greenery
5) combine ingredients until you get a marinade-like a smooth paste
6) coat each pork steak with the previously prepared marinade on both sides
7) cover meat slices with foil and place them in the fridge for at least 3 hours (recommended)
8) grill the pork steaks on the charcoal BBQ as desired (3-5 minutes on each side)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
3 PRO Tips for the BBQ Grilled Pork Neck Recipe
➡️ There are not too many cooking tips to share regarding this BBQ grilled pork collar recipe. Below are three of the most important tips to get the best results when making grilled pork neck:
- slice the meat correctly, namely don’t cut meat slices either too thick or too thin because thin slices will result in a dry steak while thick meat slices will result in a raw barbecue
- leave enough time to marinate meat and absorb flavors, I recommend you wait at least 3 hours but, ideally, you should wait overnight to get the best results
- roast the meat properly – don’t rush to put meat on the barbecue until the wood or coal is incandescent because flames will burn meat on the outside and inside it will remain raw
➡️ Enjoy making BBQ grilled pork neck steaks from scratch! For additional info, read more on pork neck.
Related Grilled Pork Steak Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by