📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Meatball Recipes: Ground Turkey Meatballs
➡️ So, you want to learn how to make meatballs with ground turkey? Not surprising, since meatballs are appreciated by a vast number of people in 2023. Most of them prefer minced pork or minced beef, but there are also some who prefer ground turkey meatballs because they contain less fat. In addition, ground turkey is delicious and meatballs made with it are simply delicious, especially when you’re going to use flavors that match this mince type perfectly such as basil, garlic, and ginger!
➡️ You’re probably unaware that, while ground turkey includes the same proteins as beef and pig, it has a higher moisture content (ground turkey contains about 71 percent moisture as compared with 66 and 61 percent for pork and beef, respectively). This implies that even after vigorous mixing, ground turkey remains moist and difficult to deal with. Since commercially ground turkey has a finer texture than beef or pig, it cooks up mushy. More, because of the delicate consistency, the meat has a more difficult time retaining moisture. So, you need the right cooking technique to make good ground turkey meatballs! Watch the cooking video below and learn more about my recipe for ground turkey meatballs!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Meatballs with Ground Turkey from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for the ground turkey meatballs recipe? (4-6 servings)
1) 1 kg/35 oz of ground turkey
2) 1 egg
3) 2 tbsp of fine-granulated breadcrumbs
4) 2-3 garlic cloves or to taste (crushed, minced, or grated)
5) 1 tbsp of finely chopped basil leaves or dried basil
6) 1 tsp of fine salt or to taste
7) 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper or to taste
8) 1 tsp of ginger powder or grated fresh ginger root
9) 300 ml/10 fl oz of vegetable oil for frying
How to make ground turkey meatballs from scratch in 9 steps?
step 1: add an egg and breadcrumbs over the ground turkey in the bowl
step 2: add chopped basil and garlic over the ground turkey in the bowl
step 3: season with some salt and ground white pepper to taste
step 4: toss in the ginger powder
step 5: mix ingredients very well by hand to combine them thoroughly
step 6: make medium-sized meatballs by hand
step 7: pour some vegetable oil into a frying pan, heat it up, place the meatballs in the pan, and fry them until golden on the bottom
step 8: flip turkey meatballs and fry them evenly until golden
step 9: take the ground turkey meatballs out of the pan and drain well the oil before serving
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
8 PRO Tips for the Ground Turkey Meatball Recipe
- basil matches perfectly the ground turkey taste, but if you don’t like it or don’t have it at hand, you can replace it with other aromatic herbs such as parsley, coriander, or dill
- the quantity of used garlic depends on you, I use 2-3 garlic cloves for a medium garlic taste
- the previous is valid for ginger, be aware that ginger has a very strong aroma, so add it in small quantities
- if you don’t have the ginger powder, you can also use freshly grated ginger root, but with a very fine consistency
- for the best results, I recommend making medium-sized meatballs because the too-small ones will dry excessively, while the too-large ones could remain raw inside
- if you choose to fry the meatballs in the pan, use a sufficient amount of oil for the meatballs to be dipped in oil at least halfway
- fry the meatballs at a medium temperature to have enough time to bake inside
- if you don’t want to fry the ground turkey meatballs in oil, you can bake them in the oven, on a baking paper-lined tray, at a temperature of 220C/430F until they turn golden
➡️ Enjoy cooking ground turkey meatballs from scratch! For additional info, read more on meatball!
Related Homemade Meatball Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by