Easy puff pastry pinwheels recipe to prepare cheesy ham pastry rolls stuffed with simple and tasty ingredients like cheese and ham.
Learn in this video how to make puff pastry rolls from scratch by using a yummy and easy ham and cheese pinwheels recipe!
SUPER YUMMY food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cheesy pinwheels! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 tbsp of flour
2) 400 g/14 oz of puff pastry (1 sheet)
3) 100 g/3.5 oz of pressed ham, Prague ham, or prosciutto slices
4) 50 g/17.5 oz of grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
5) ground black pepper to taste
6) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder (optional)
7) some fresh leaves of marjoram, oregano, sage, basil, or another aromatic herb (you can use dried versions as well)
8) 1 egg
1) sprinkle some flour over your working surface
2) unpack dough sheet and spread them on the floured table
3) place ham slices all over the puff pastry sheet side by side
4) sprinkle a layer of cheese over ham
5) grind some black pepper over the cheese as desired
6) add more flavor to pinwheels with cumin powder (optional)
7) sprinkle over pinwheels some aromatic plants to taste
8) roll the filled pastry sheet as tightly as possible
9) cut the roll into pieces of about 3 cm/1.2 inches thickness
10) place dough pieces on a tray coated with baking paper
11) break the egg and put it into a glass, then beat it up with a fork and brush pinwheels on top
12) put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the pinwheels until they are brown on top (about 15-20 minutes, more or less)
13) take the tray out from the oven and way until the ham and cheese pinwheels cool to room temperature
Puff pastry is very popular nowadays. This is not surprising at all since from this type of pastry dough you can prepare a lot of delicious appetizers.
In addition, the preparation time of puff pastry appetizers is short and you don’t need too many ingredients to get some excellent snacks that disappear from the table with light speed!
On this page, I present one of the most appreciated puff pastry appetizers, namely the ham and cheese pinwheels.
Probably each of you had the opportunity to see and taste such an appetizer. It’s not difficult to make at all and is ready in just 15-20 minutes, just in time to serve your friends with a delicious welcome dish!
Regarding the cheese, basically, you can use any drier cheese you like. Most often I use Parmesan ad Cheddar, but sometimes I use some smoked cheese types of spice-flavored cheese such as thyme cheese, rosemary cheese, or even hot chili cheese. Of course, you can adapt the used herbs according to the cheese included in the recipe.
As for the ham, you can use any juicier ham type. I don’t recommend using a too dry ham because it won’t have a good taste after you bake it in the oven.
Therefore, if you want to enjoy a very tasty appetizer or expect some friends or relatives to visit you, I recommend using this recipe. You will not regret it because you will make some amazing snacks!
Yes, you can make puff pastry pinwheels just with cheese or replace the ham with canned mushroom or another ingredient.
Enjoy ham and cheese pinwheels!
Read more about puff pastry origins here.