📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Puff Pastry Pinwheel Recipes: Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
My homemade puff pastry pinwheels recipe is possibly the most delicious ham and cheese pinwheels recipe you’ve ever made at home!
➡️ Are you searching for the best puff pastry roll-up recipes in 2023? Look no further because here you’ll find out how to make ham and cheese pinwheels with puff pastry in 13 steps at home! Today, puff pastry is easy to find in any supermarket at reasonable prices, so it’s not surprising that it’s widely used for both desserts and appetizers in combination with various ingredients.
➡️ Among puff pastry appetizers, pinwheels are some of the most popular. Additionally, the ingredients frequently used in combination with puff pastry to make pinwheels are ham and cheese. My easy puff pastry pinwheels recipe enables you to prepare cheesy ham pastry rolls stuffed with simple and tasty ingredients like cheese and ham.
➡️ The high popularity of ham and cheese pinwheels is also due to the fact that they are very easy to make and don’t require much time. The ingredients are easy to find and cheap and, therefore, this type of appetizer is within everyone’s reach. Learn below how to make puff pastry roll-ups from scratch using a yummy and easy ham and cheese pinwheels recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Ham and Cheese Pinwheels from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make ham and cheese pinwheels?
1) 1 tbsp of flour
2) 400 g/14 oz of puff pastry (1 sheet)
3) 100 g/3.5 oz of pressed ham, Prague ham, or prosciutto slices
4) 50 g/17.5 oz of grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
5) ground black pepper to taste
6) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder (optional)
7) some fresh leaves of marjoram, oregano, sage, basil, or another aromatic herb (you can use dried versions as well)
8) 1 egg
How to make ham and cheese pinwheels step by step?
1) sprinkle some flour over your working surface
2) unpack dough sheets and spread them on the floured table
3) place ham slices all over the puff pastry sheet side by side
4) sprinkle a layer of cheese over the ham
5) grind some black pepper over the cheese as desired
6) add more flavor to pinwheels with cumin powder (optional)
7) sprinkle over pinwheels some aromatic plants to taste
8) roll the filled pastry sheet as tightly as possible
9) cut the roll into pieces of about 3 cm/1.2 inches in thickness
10) place dough pieces on a tray coated with baking paper
11) break the egg and put it into a glass, then beat it up with a fork and brush pinwheels on top
12) put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the pinwheels until they are brown on top (about 15-20 minutes, more or less)
13) take the tray out from the oven and way until the ham and cheese pinwheels cool to room temperature
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Ham and Cheese Pinwheels Recipe with Puff Pastry
➡️ Puff pastry is trendy nowadays and this is not surprising since from this type of pastry dough you can prepare a lot of delicious appetizers. In addition, the preparation time of puff pastry appetizers is short and you don’t need too many ingredients to get some excellent snacks that disappear from the table very fast!
➡️ On this page, I share one of the most appreciated puff pastry appetizer recipes, namely the ham and cheese pinwheels recipe. Each of you had the opportunity to see and taste such an appetizer. It’s not difficult to make at home and is ready in just 15-20 minutes, just in time to serve your friends a delicious welcome dish when they pass by you unexpectedly!
➡️ Regarding the cheese, you can use any drier cheese you like. Most often I use Parmesan or Cheddar, but sometimes I use some smoked cheese types of spice-flavored cheese such as thyme cheese, rosemary cheese, or even hot chili cheese. Of course, you can adapt the used herbs according to the cheese included in the recipe.
➡️ As for the ham, you can use any juicier cured ham type like Prague ham, Prosciutto, and so on. I don’t recommend using a too-dry ham because it won’t have a good taste after you bake it in the oven.
➡️ Finally, when you want to enjoy a very tasty appetizer or snack or you expect some friends or relatives to visit you, I recommend using this recipe. You’ll not regret it because you’ll make some amazing snacks!
➡️ Puff pastry ham and cheese pinwheels are cheap, tasty, easy to make and ready in a short time, in other words, they are simply perfect when you want to make appetizers, snacks, or party food. In addition, you don’t need any advanced cooking skills to prepare them! Enjoy making ham and cheese pinwheels from scratch! For additional info, read more about puff pastry origins here.
Related Puff Pastry Pinwheel Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by