Puff pastry pinwheels recipes – how to make ham and cheese pinwheels with puff pastry. Easy puff pastry pinwheels recipe to prepare cheesy ham pastry rolls stuffed with simple and tasty ingredients like cheese and ham.
Learn in this video how to make puff pastry rolls from scratch by using a yummy and easy ham and cheese pinwheels recipe!
SUPER YUMMY food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1 tbsp of flour
2) 400 g / 14 oz of puff pastry (1 sheet)
3) 100 g / 3.5 oz of pressed ham, Prague ham or prosciutto slices
4) 50 g / 17.5 oz of grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
5) ground black pepper to taste
6) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder (optional)
7) some fresh leaves of marjoram, oregano, sage, basil or another aromatic herb (you can use dried versions as well)
8) 1 egg
1) sprinkle some flour over your working surface
2) unpack dough sheet and spread them on the floured table
3) place ham slices all over the puff pastry sheet side by side
4) sprinkle a layer of cheese over ham
5) grind some black pepper over the cheese as desired
6) add more flavor to pinwheels with cumin powder (optional)
7) sprinkle over pinwheels some aromatic plants to taste
8) roll the filled pastry sheet as tightly as possible
9) cut the roll into pieces of about 3 cm / 1.2 inches thickness
10) place dough pieces on a tray coated with baking paper
11) break the egg and put it into a glass, then beat it up with a fork and brush pinwheels on top
12) put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C / 360 F and bake the pinwheels until they are brown on top (about 15-20 minutes, more or less)
13) take the tray out from the oven and way until the ham and cheese pinwheels cool to room temperature
Puff pastry is very popular nowadays. This is not surprising at all since from this type of pastry dough you can prepare a lot of delicious appetizers.
In addition, the preparation time of puff pastry appetizers is short and you don’t need too many ingredients to get some excellent snacks that disappear from the table with the light speed!
On this page, I present one of the most appreciated puff pastry appetizers, namely the ham and cheese pinwheels.
Probably each of you had the opportunity to see and taste such an appetizer. It’s not difficult to make at all and is ready in just 15-20 minutes, just in time to serve your friends with a delicious welcome dish!
Therefore, if you want to enjoy a very tasty appetizer or expect some friends or relatives to visit you, I recommend using this recipe. You will not regret it because you will make some amazing snacks!
Enjoy ham and cheese pinwheels!
Read more about puff pastry origins here.