Easy roll-up appetizer recipes – how to make ham and cheese roll-ups. Easy make-ahead appetizer recipe to prepare ham and cheese roll-ups with simple and tasty ingredients such as French crepes, ham, and cheese spread.
Learn in this video how to make ham and cheese roll ups from scratch by using a yummy and easy cold appetizer recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 400 g / 14 oz of all-purpose flour
2) salt + ground white pepper
3) 2 tbsp for the batter and more for frying of sunflower oil
4) 2 eggs
5) 800 ml / 27 fl oz of cow milk
6) 400 gr of cottage cheese or ricotta
7) 2 tbsp of heavy cream
8) 20 g / 0.7 oz of onion
9) 1-2 tbsp of horseradish cream or 1 tsp of grated horseradish (optional)
10) 1/2 bundle of dill
11) 50 g / 18 oz slices of pressed ham, Prague ham, Prosciutto or a similar ham type
12) 300 g / 10 oz of small red radishes or cherry tomatoes
1) combine flour, a pinch of salt, 2 spoons of oil, eggs, and milk to prepare the crepe batter
2) fry crepes just like in the video, then wait to cool to room temperature (you’ll get about 10-12 pancakes)
3) place cottage cheese or ricotta into a bowl, then add heavy cream, salt, pepper, chopped onion, horseradish, and chopped dill, then mix until you get a smooth cream cheese spread
4) add 2 large ham slices over a pancake and spread about 2 spoons of cream cheese over ham
5) roll crepe as tightly as possible, then continue identically with the rest of the ingredients
6) place rolls into the fridge until the next day or for at least 6 hours to harden both cheese spread and pancakes
7) take rolls out from the fridge, remove ends and cut each roll into 6-8 smaller roll ups, on your choice
8) tighten each roll-up with a toothpick to not loosen
9) jab a radish or a tomato on each toothpick for added taste and look
10) place ham and cheese roll ups on a platter and garnish them with fresh dill or another greenery (optional)
Roll-ups are very appreciated cold appetizers in any part of the world. These appetizers are made with different ingredients but all have something in common: they are on the table at any party or reception!
Making roll-ups with French crepes is not a new idea. Along the time appeared various crepe roll-ups filled with different ingredients. Ham and cream cheese spread are classic cold appetizer ingredients, so I combined them and get the recipe that I present you on this page and video.
Preparing ham and cheese roll-ups is really easy and it does not pose problems to anyone. Plus, they are very spectacular with the radishes or tomatoes added to the top, so everyone will pay attention to them. And after tasting them, these delicious and easy appetizers will quickly disappear from the platter!
Even if making from scratch the entire recipe won’t take you much, you can shorten the working time by using bought crepes and cheese spread. In addition, you can use tortilla instead of crepes if you like so.
Dill and cottage cheese spread is another classic combination. However, you can use any other cheese spread type such as mushroom cheese spread, pepper cheese spread, and so on.
Usually, I prefer to make a platter just with this type of cold appetizers. Nevertheless, you can combine platter with more appetizer types if you like so.
Enjoy ham and cheese roll ups!
Read more about different appetizers here.