8 PRO Tips For The Ham Cabbage Casserole Recipe
➡️ The combination of pork ham and sweet cabbage turns into a very appetizing food and many of us like it. Generally speaking, cooking a cabbage stew is not difficult and is one of the food recipes that can be made in a relatively short time. However, below are some tips on how to get the best results when cooking my ham cabbage casserole.
- most often I cook the ham cabbage casserole using fresh white cabbage, but you can replace the fresh cabbage with sauerkraut during winter to cook a very delicious comfort food that will please everyone
- chop or shred the cabbage into medium strips because it softens pretty much during boiling
- use an assortment of smoked ham that is neither too raw nor too dry
- remove the skin and bone if necessary and cut the ham into medium-sized cubes
- I like to grate the carrots so they blend better with the other ingredients, still, they can be also chopped finely or cut into thin rounds
- onions and garlic can be chopped coarsely
- take care when you pour water, it should not be in excess but just enough to cover the ingredients, do not forget that the cabbage will remove also some water, so it’s better to pour a smaller amount at first and then add a little more as needed
- when you season the food, don’t forget that the ham also contains salt that you have to take into account
Drinking wine at home!
What goes better with a delicious meal than quality wine? Nothing, both from my point of view and from the ancient Greeks, who said about wine that it’s the nectar of the gods! Can we contradict them?
➡️ If you wonder what to cook when you have two simple ingredients like raw cabbage and smoked sausage, the answer is simple: ham cabbage casserole! Enjoy cooking ham and cabbage casserole from scratch!