📖 Table of Contents
Make-Ahead Cold Appetizers: Ham Cream Cheese Appetizer Recipe
My make-ahead cold appetizers recipe is one of the most delicious cream cheese appetizer recipes you’ve ever made!
➡️ Searching for the best cream cheese appetizer recipes in 2023? Look no further because here you’ll find out how to make ham and cream cheese snacks from scratch in 10 steps at home. Make-ahead cold appetizers are very useful both when you prepare a festive dinner and when you organize a party at your home and you want your guests to have something to eat when they arrive.
➡️ Cream cheese and ham are among the most popular ingredients for make-ahead cold appetizers in the United States. This is not surprising, given that both are highly appreciated throughout the country. My easy make-ahead appetizer recipe enables you to prepare ham and cheese roll-ups or cream cheese snacks with simple and tasty ingredients such as French crepes, ham, and cheese spread.
➡️ Preparing some irresistible cream cheese appetizers is a simple task even by the standards of a novice in terms of cooking at home. Learn below how to make ham and cream cheese appetizers from scratch using a yummy and easy cold appetizer recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Ham and Cream Cheese Appetizers from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make ham and cream cheese appetizers?
1) 400 g/14 oz of all-purpose flour
2) salt and ground white pepper
3) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil for the batter and some for frying
4) 2 eggs
5) 800 ml/27 fl oz of cow milk
6) 400 g/14 oz of cottage cheese or ricotta
7) 2 tbsp of heavy cream
8) 20 g /0.7 oz of onion
9) 1-2 tbsp of horseradish cream or 1 tsp of grated horseradish (optional)
10) half a bundle of fresh dill or to taste
11) 50 g / 18 oz slices of pressed ham, Prague ham, Prosciutto, or a similar ham type
12) 300 g/10 oz of small red radishes or cherry tomatoes
How to make ham and cream cheese appetizers from scratch?
1) combine flour, a pinch of salt, 2 spoons of oil, eggs, and milk to prepare the crepe batter
2) fry crepes just like in the video, then wait to cool to room temperature (you’ll get about 10-12 pancakes)
3) place cottage cheese or ricotta into a bowl, add further heavy cream, salt, pepper, chopped onion, horseradish, and chopped dill, then mix until you get a smooth cream cheese spread
4) add 2 large ham slices over a pancake and spread about 2 spoons of cream cheese over the ham
5) roll the crepe as tightly as possible, then continue identically with the rest of the ingredients
6) place the rolls into the fridge until the next day or for at least 6 hours to harden both the cheese spread and pancakes
7) take the rolls out from the fridge, remove their ends, and cut each roll into 6-8 smaller roll-ups, on your choice
8) tighten each roll-up with a toothpick to not loosen
9) jab a radish or a tomato on each toothpick for added taste and look
10) place some ham and cheese roll-ups on a platter and garnish them with fresh dill or another greenery (optional)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Ham Cream Cheese Appetizer Recipe
➡️ Both ham and cream cheese are very appreciated to make cold appetizers in any part of the world. These appetizers are made with different ingredients but all have something in common: they are on the table at any party or festive event!
➡️ Making appetizers with French crepes is not a new idea. Over time appeared various crepe roll-ups filled with different ingredients. Ham and cream cheese spread are classic cold appetizer ingredients, so I combined them and get the recipe that I share on this page.
➡️ Preparing ham and cream cheese snacks is really easy and it does not pose problems to anyone. Plus, they are very spectacular with the radishes or tomatoes added to the top, so everyone will pay attention to them. After your guests will tasting them, these delicious and easy appetizers will quickly disappear from the platter!
➡️ Even if making from scratch the entire recipe won’t take you much, you can shorten the working time by using bought crepes and cheese spread. In addition, you can use tortillas instead of crepes if you like so.
➡️ Dill and cottage cheese spread (see the recipe below) is another classic combination to prepare cream cheese snacks. However, you can use any other cheese spread type such as mushroom cheese spread, pepper cheese spread, and so on.
➡️ Usually, I prefer to make a platter just with this type of cold appetizer. Nevertheless, you can combine the platter with more appetizer types if you like so.
➡️ Enjoy making ham and cream cheese appetizers from scratch! For additional info, read more about cheese spread types here!
Related Cream Cheese Appetizer Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by