PRO Tips For The Healthy Oven-Roasted Potatoes
➡️ Oven-roasted potatoes are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. They’re delicious as a side dish for lunch and dinner. Oven potatoes are one of my favorite dishes and I especially enjoy them with roasted chicken. If you’re a vegan, these oven-roasted potatoes combine well also with your preferred vegetarian main meals. Below are a few tips to get the best results when cooking my healthy oven-roasted potatoes recipe:
- most often, I cook this healthy oven-roasted potatoes recipe with red potatoes because they contain more water than white potatoes and water helps soften potatoes while roasting in the oven; however, you can use any potato type with great results, but choose a variety with thin skin
- pay close attention when cutting potatoes because the thickness of the slices has an important role in preparing this recipe (too thick slices remain hard inside, too thin ones will dry excessively)
- olive oil can be replaced with butter at room temperature
- don’t leave the potatoes too much in the oven because they will burn and the resulted crust is bitter, keep in mind that the indicated frying times are relative and depend on the oven
- don’t cover the potatoes in the bowl in which you keep them until serving because the steam will soften them and they will no longer have a crunchy skin
- parsley can be replaced with other herbs such as dill, coriander, or basil
Drinking wine at home!
What goes better with a delicious meal than quality wine? Nothing, both from my point of view and from the ancient Greeks, who said about wine that it’s the nectar of the gods! Can we contradict them?
➡️ Enjoy cooking oven-roasted potatoes from scratch!