📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Healthy Roasted Potatoes in the Oven at Home: Crispy Potatoes
My healthy crispy potatoes recipe is possibly the most delicious oven-roasted potatoes recipe you’ve ever cooked!
➡️ Many people are looking today for a healthy oven-roasted potatoes recipe because many people like roasted potatoes in the oven but at the same time they give great importance to healthy potato recipes.
➡️ On this page, I share a recipe with crispy roasted potatoes in the oven that I often prepare both because it is very easy to prepare and also because it is very delicious and, therefore, the whole family likes it!
➡️ Learn below more about cooking the healthy oven-roasted potatoes recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Oven-Roasted Potatoes the Healthy Way
What ingredients do you need to cook healthy oven-roasted potatoes? (recipe for 6 servings)
1) 1 kg/35 oz of potatoes (baby potatoes suit this very well to this recipe)
2) 2-3 tbsp of olive oil or 50 g/2 oz of butter
3) some salt to taste
4) some ground black pepper to taste
5) 1 tsp of garlic powder or 1-2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
6) fresh zest from a large lemon
7) a small bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped
How to Cook Roasted Potatoes in the Oven Step by Step
➡️ Eager to know how to cook healthy oven-roasted potatoes? The recipe is very tasty and easy to cook, so I wholeheartedly recommend it! Below are listed the steps required to cook the roasted potatoes recipe.
Total Time: 40 minutes
1) Wash and cut potatoes
Wash the potatoes very well to remove any dirt, drain them, and cut them into halves if smaller or into thick slices if the potatoes are larger.
2) Prepare potatoes for cooking
Place potatoes into a bowl, then pour over the olive oil or add the soft butter in small pieces, season with some salt, and rub them to coat each potato with these ingredients.
3) Place potatoes on a tray
Line a tray with baking paper, then place potatoes on it into an even layer so that there remains a bit of place between them.
4) Roast potatoes in the oven
Place the tray in the preheated oven at 290C/550F and roast potatoes until golden on top (about 15 minutes), then flip them and roast for 5-10 minutes more or until all potato slices are evenly browned.
5) Make the dressing
Right before the potatoes are ready, squeeze the lemon zest into a bowl, add a bit of ground black pepper, garlic powder, and chopped parsley, then mix them to combine very well.
6) Pour the dressing over the potatoes
Take the tray out of the oven, place potatoes into a heat-proof dish, pour over the previously prepared marinade, and combine them well to coat all potatoes with dressing, then serve the side dish while still warm.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
PRO Tips for the Healthy Oven-Roasted Potatoes
➡️ Oven-roasted potatoes are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. They’re delicious as a side dish for lunch and dinner. Oven potatoes are one of my favorite dishes and I especially enjoy them with roasted chicken. If you’re a vegan, these oven-roasted potatoes combine well also with your preferred vegetarian main meals. Below are a few tips to get the best results when cooking my healthy oven-roasted potatoes recipe:
- most often, I cook this healthy oven-roasted potatoes recipe with red potatoes because they contain more water than white potatoes and water helps soften potatoes while roasting in the oven; however, you can use any potato type with great results, but choose a variety with thin skin
- pay close attention when cutting potatoes because the thickness of the slices has an important role in preparing this recipe (too thick slices remain hard inside, and too thin ones will dry excessively)
- olive oil can be replaced with butter at room temperature
- don’t leave the potatoes too much in the oven because they will burn and the resulting crust is bitter, keep in mind that the indicated frying times are relative and depend on the oven
- don’t cover the potatoes in the bowl in which you keep them until serving because the steam will soften them and they will no longer have a crunchy skin
- parsley can be replaced with other herbs such as dill, coriander, or basil
➡️ Enjoy cooking oven-roasted potatoes from scratch! For additional info, read more on baked potatoes!
Related Oven-Roasted Potatoes Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by