Homemade jam pastry turnovers recipes – how to make apricot puff pastry turnovers. Easy jam puff pastry turnovers recipe to prepare puff pastry filled with apricot jam and more simple and delicious ingredients.
View this video about how to make apricot jam puff pastry turnovers by using an easy homemade jam pastry turnovers recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY! 👌
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 400 g / 14 oz of puff pastry, bought or homemade
2) some fruit jam like apricot jam (homemade, preferably without gelatin or other preservatives)
3) some caster sugar for decoration (optional)
1) unfold the puff pastry dough from the packaging and cut squares with the side of about 10 cm / 4 inches
2) put a teaspoon of apricot jam on each dough square
3) bend the dough squares, gently press the edge in two points without completely sealing it, then place the puff pastry turnovers in a baking tray so that there remains some space between them
4) put the tray in the preheated oven at 290 C / 550 F and wait until the pastry is golden brown (about 10-15 minutes)
5) wait for the jam cake to cool completely, then sprinkle over caster sugar in abundance (optional)
Puff pastry turnovers are today some of the most popular dessert recipes.
Jam pastry turnovers are so popular because to make them are necessary few ingredients, preparation time is very short, and the necessary cooking skills are quite basic.
As most of the turnover recipes, the apricot puff pastry turnovers recipe is very easy to prepare, does not require many ingredients and the working time is extremely short.
As a result, you can prepare homemade jam pastry whenever you want to eat something sweet and you do not have much time available.
Jam pastry turnovers can be prepared with different types of sweetness, the most popular being apricot and plum jam. The homemade jam pastry has a very good taste also if you fill it with pear jam or quince marmalade.
There are many similar recipes presenting different more complicated pastry dough shapes. That’s fine if you have some previous baking experience.
If you don’t too much experience, I recommend following my recipe and make simple jam pastry turnovers with a basic shape. Their taste will be delicious even without fancy shapes!
Jam puff pastry turnovers can be served plain or along with coffee or tea. This is the way most people are eating them.
However, a glass of milk makes them even tastier, so often I eat jam turnovers at breakfast with milk. Try this way to serve turnovers and your day will be completely different!
There are people who argue there is not worth the effort making such dessert at home when it can be found at a low price at every corner.
That’s a point of view, but if you will use homemade apricot jam to make turnovers, I assure you they will taste much better compared to those bought from the store!
Other people say that puff pastry bought in the store is not so good as the one prepared at home. This is a wrong opinion because making puff pastry takes a lot of time and the result is completely the same.
As a result, don’t lose your time with such useless things and buy puff pastry in the supermarket. Your cakes prepared with the ready-made puff pastry dough will be perfect!
I recommend eating the jam pastry turnovers the same day you prepare it because the puff pastry dries until the next day pretty much. Enjoy it!
No, anyone can make puff pastry turnovers filled with jam because the recipe is very easy.
If you want to read more about the origins of the puff pastry turnovers go here!