Apricot or peach fruit cake recipes – how to make fruit cake at home with fresh or canned fruit. Easy apricot or peach cake recipe to bake a fruit cake with simple and tasty ingredients.
View this video about how to make fruit cake at home from scratch by using a yummy and easy apricot or peach cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 3 eggs
2) 200 g / 7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 200 ml / 7 fl oz of sunflower oil
4) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
5) 70 ml / 0.7 fl oz of cold cow milk
6) 10 g / 0.35 oz of baking powder
7) 250 g / 9 oz of all-purpose flour
8) 500 g / 18 oz of frozen or canned peach or apricot (fresh fruits can be used too, but they must be scalded and peeled off before putting them in the dough)
9) caster sugar for garnishing
1) break eggs into a bowl, add sugar and combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
2) add oil and mix again
3) add vanilla extract and milk, then combine ingredients
4) add baking powder and flour, mix again
5) cover the dish and place it into the fridge for at least 1 hour (if you have more time, keep the dough in the fridge overnight to get a very fluffy cake!)
6) cut each fruit half in 4 slices lengthwise
7) coat a tray with baking paper, then pour inside the dough into a uniform layer
8) place fruit rows in the dough
9) place the tray in the preheated oven at 170 C / 340 F until the fruit cake is golden on top and the core is no more sticky
10) wait until the apricot or peach cake is completely cold
11) cut the edges to be straight, then slice the cake up in pieces of the desired size
12) sprinkle over cake caster sugar in abundance
Summertime, in the season of ripe apricots and peaches, I recommend using fresh fruits because they are much juicier and aromatic than canned or frozen fruits.
However, fresh fruits must be scalded and peeled beforehand making the cake, otherwise, the same procedure is required.
As I mentioned above, this sponge fruit cake is very fluffy and light, especially if you keep the dough in the fridge for a longer time.
Apricot or peach cake can be served simple or alongside tea, coffee or milk for added flavor.
More information about the sponge cake origins is available here.