Easy apricot or peach cake recipe to bake a fruit cake with simple and tasty ingredients such as canned peach or canned apricot.
View this video about how to make a homemade fruit cake from scratch by using a yummy and easy apricot or peach cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 3 eggs
2) 200 g/7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 200 ml/7 fl oz of sunflower oil
4) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
5) 70 ml/0.7 fl oz of cold cow milk
6) 10 g/0.35 oz of baking powder
7) 250 g/9 oz of all-purpose flour
8) 500 g/18 oz of frozen or canned peach or apricot (fresh fruits can be used too, but they must be scalded and peeled off before putting them in the dough)
9) caster sugar for garnishing
1) break eggs into a bowl, add sugar and combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
2) add oil and mix again
3) add vanilla extract and milk, then combine ingredients
4) add baking powder and flour, mix again
5) cover the dish and place it into the fridge for at least 1 hour (if you have more time, keep the dough in the fridge overnight to get a very fluffy cake!)
6) cut each fruit half in 4 slices lengthwise
7) coat a tray with baking paper, then pour inside the dough into a uniform layer
8) place fruit rows in the dough
9) place the tray in the preheated oven at 170 C/340 F until the fruit cake is golden on top and the core is no more sticky
10) wait until the apricot or peach cake is completely cold
11) cut the edges to be straight, then slice the cake up into pieces of the desired size
12) sprinkle over cake caster sugar in abundance
Summertime, in the season of ripe apricots and peaches, I recommend using fresh fruits because they are much juicier and aromatic than canned or frozen fruits.
However, fresh fruits must be scalded and peeled beforehand making the cake, otherwise, the same procedure is required.
As I mentioned above, this sponge fruit cake is very fluffy and light, especially if you keep the dough in the fridge for a longer time.
Apricot or peach cake can be served simple or alongside tea, coffee, or milk for added flavor.
Besides peach or apricot, this recipe can be prepared with other fruits as well, both fresh and canned. As an example, you could use canned pineapple to make a quick and easy pineapple cake. Or, you could use canned pear to make pear cake.
Among the fresh fruits that can be used for this recipe, I would mention firstly plums. This fruit is very juicy and the resulted plum cake has a fantastic taste. You just need to remove seeds and peel from plums, then continue the cake in the same way as mentioned above.
Another fresh fruit that could be used successful for this homemade cake recipe is mango. Flavorful and juice rich, mango is just perfect to replace apricot or peach when you don’t have them at hand.
Enjoy the apricot or peach cake recipe!
More information about the sponge cake origins is available here.