Easy puff pastry cheese straws recipe to prepare homemade cheese crackers with simple and tasty ingredients like puff pastry dough and Parmesan cheese.
Learn in this video how to make cheese straws with puff pastry by using a tasty and easy homemade cheese crackers recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cheese straws recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) prepare at home or unpack commercial puff pastry dough and stretch it into a sheet
2) break the egg, beat it up with the fork, and brush the pastry sheet all over
3) sprinkle some salt to taste over the dough sheet if needed (first, check how salted is the cheese that you are going to use)
4) sprinkle grated cheese all over the sheet
5) cut the puff pastry sheet into strips of about 1 finger width
6) cut the strips into evenly-dimensioned pieces (usually, you need to make 2 cuts)
7) place dough pieces on a baking paper-lined tray so that you keep some distance between them
8) place the tray in the preheated oven at 200 C/390 F and bake this puff pastry appetizer until golden on top
9) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool the homemade cheese crackers to room temperature
There are many appetizers that can be prepared quickly when you’re craving for a snack or your friends just called they are coming by! A good part of them are based on puff pastry dough, so it’s very useful to have some great appetizer recipes at hand featuring this ingredient.
Puff pastry is today so popular because one can prepare a lot of tasty things with it including appetizers, snacks, and even more complex dishes such as quiche lorraine. Plus, almost everywhere is available frozen pastry dough at low prices, so you don’t need to make it at home.
Among the cold appetizers that I make pretty often are puff pastry straws or puff pastry crackers. No matter what you call them, these appetizers are very tasty, are ready very fast, and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients for the best results!
Probably the most popular puff pastry straw recipe is the one including cheese among ingredients. Basically, this is a piece of baked puff pastry topped with melted cheese – a perfect snack or appetizer when you want to prepare something effortless!
Most often, I use grated Parmesan cheese for the recipe, however, there are available more options to refine your masterpiece! I use sometimes smoked cheese because the combination of smoked melted cheese and crispy puff pastry is incredibly good.
Another good choice is to use a dry salted cheese. If you do see, adjust the quantity of cheese depending on its salt content to avoid making very salted cheese crackers! Generally, I use various sheep or goat cheese types because they feature more fat, which combines excellently with puff pastry.
Of course, you can use many other ingredients to prepare puff pastry straws or puff pastry crackers, but I reveal them in other recipes.
For now, I advise you to serve a cold beer next to this appetizer because they fit very well together. Finally, to not forget, I recommend you to double or triple the ingredient quantities because the straws disappear from the platter very quickly!
Enjoy the homemade cheese crackers or cheese straws recipe!
Read more about puff pastry origins here!